We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closing time for security gates at Gatwick South

Which Gatwick hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 4
Closing time for security gates at Gatwick South

I have an early morning flight on Friday and just have cabin baggage so was thinking of getting to Gatwick the night before and staying there overnight. I was wondering when the security gates close and if they will let me through security the night before so I can sleep in the more comfy areas inside the terminal, rather than out in the waiting hall by all the check-in desks. I have checked-in online so all I need to do is go through security.

Anyone know if they allow people through security the night before a flight? And if so, when the security gates close?

Thanks

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 57
1. Re: Closing time for security gates at Gatwick South

Why not try "sleepinginairports"?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
2. Re: Closing time for security gates at Gatwick South

You won't be allowed to stay airside overnight.

London, United...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Closing time for security gates at Gatwick South

Join the masses in the hall, trust me, you wont be the only one, then get through security first thing.

London, United...
reviews: 4
4. Re: Closing time for security gates at Gatwick South

Ok, cheers for the info.

I had a look at "sleepinginairports" and everyone said they just slept landside but didn't mention not being allowed to sleep airside so I was just wondering if it was possible.

Thanks for your help!

5. Re: Closing time for security gates at Gatwick South

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, July 09, 2013