We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Ronda on the way from Algeciras to Granada

Which Ronda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Visiting Ronda on the way from Algeciras to Granada

I apologize for all my questions!

We want to visit Ronda on the way from Algeciras to Granada...I see there is a train from Algeciras to Ronda, which is perfect for us. Right now, there are no trains listed form Ronda to Granada, but I'm assuming it is too far out for those, as there are some listed if I search for earlier dates. If I am doing this on May 26, 2014, would you expect that there will be trains running from Ronda to Granada that day? I don't want to buy a train ticket to Ronda and then have no way of getting to Granada...

Also, I have read there is luggage storage at the Ronda bus station. Will there be something big enough to store suitcases? We have never stored luggage so I wasn't sure what to expect...

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 213
1. Re: Visiting Ronda on the way from Algeciras to Granada

There will be trains to Granada. If for some unknown reason caused by some apocalyptic disaster situation the train does not run then you take a bus to Malaga and then switch to the Granada bus. Just look closer to date.

At Ronda bus station you have some varying sized lockers so sure that suitcases will fit but when I last went you have to go to the small shop at the entrance to the bus station to ask for key/s. So work out how many lockers you need.

Indiana
2. Re: Visiting Ronda on the way from Algeciras to Granada

If there is an apocalyptic situation, I doubt we will be worrying about taking the train:) I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some weird reason for the train not to be running that day and to make sure there will be trains in the future. We could do the bus, but with two little kids and our luggage, I would hate to have to switch again in the middle. It will be enough for us to get all of us on and off the train and to the lockers, and then back to the train, etc.

Do you happen to know if the lockers fill up fast? I saw a picture somewhere and it said there were only 12...we may need a few...

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
3. Re: Visiting Ronda on the way from Algeciras to Granada

You should be ok. Go with flow and things will turn out fine.

Indiana
4. Re: Visiting Ronda on the way from Algeciras to Granada

I'm sure things will be fine, Cadiz_lover, but I would really hate to get to Ronda and have to lug any of the luggage around because we weren't prepared;)

Another quick question....I just booked the tickets on the Altaria train. It was the only timing that worked with the bus schedule from Tarifa to Algeciras and that would allow us time to do stuff in Ronda. I realized after the fact that the train goes on to Madrid and is only stopped for 1 minute. Is it possible to get off the bus with 2 kids and all our luggage in that amount of time? I am sure 1 minute is more time than it sounds, but it always makes me nervous when we have the little ones to worry about. I also don't know how busy these trains are and if there will be a lot of people on them or not...

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
5. Re: Visiting Ronda on the way from Algeciras to Granada

Again. Go with the flow and do not dream up worries that don't exist. When the train approaches Ronda there will be an announcement. It is a slow approach around some tight curves. Once you know you are arriving just begin the setting down - they won't leave with you still at the door --believe me. Stop worrying. Ronda station is quite civilized and small. Most on that train will be going on further and not leaving.

Edited: 5:38 pm, February 28, 2014
Indiana
6. Re: Visiting Ronda on the way from Algeciras to Granada

Thanks for your reassurance! We do not have these sort of trains in the US where we live so we have really only ridden them while in Europe. I think in my head, I am thinking of metro stops where the doors just close automatically (or they seem to anyway). I am absolutely certain Ronda is civilized and did not mean to insinuate that it wasn't. I just needed someone experienced, such as yourself, to assure me that it is enough time:) Thank you! If it were just my husband and me, I wouldn't be so concerned about it, but I feel like we have to plan ahead a little more since we will have the kids;)

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
reviews: 2,678
7. Re: Visiting Ronda on the way from Algeciras to Granada

uepianogirl:

There will be an announcement on the train that you will be reaching Ronda soon, so you have time to prepare to leave the train.

Seville, Spain
8. Re: Visiting Ronda on the way from Algeciras to Granada

Dear Uepianogirl,

In the worst of cases you can not catch the train to Granada, you could contact "Manu",

this guide can give you a hand in Ronda in everything that you need. You can ask him If he could drop off you in Granada. Just in case, I leave you the website in case you think that might be interesting for you.

www.rondabout.com

All the best for your trip and I sure that you will enjoy!

Jorge,

Edited: 4:58 am, March 12, 2014
Seville, Spain
9. Re: Visiting Ronda on the way from Algeciras to Granada

Dear Uepianogirl,

In the worst of cases and you can catch the train to Granada, you can contact "Manu" this guide can give you a hand in Ronda and He also could drop off you in Granada. Just in case, I leave you the website in case you think that might be interesting for you.

www.rondabout.com

All the best for your trip and I sure that you will enjoy!

Jorge,

10. Re: Visiting Ronda on the way from Algeciras to Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, March 14, 2015