We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ronda-Algeciras

Which Ronda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 40
Ronda-Algeciras

Hi all.

I need an opinion. I will be travelling to Ronda from Granada in May and intend to stay at Ronda. I will then take the morning train the next day to Algeciras, reaching there at 11am.

A check on frs.es, the ferry departs for Tangiers Med at 12nn. Is the train station nearby the port? And do you think it's too risky?

Any other suggestions?

2 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 204
1. Re: Ronda-Algeciras

In my opinion if you are traveling on foot and do not have a tight schedule then you can head down to the Algeciras ferry terminal and either go with FRS or one of the other ferry operators. You can see the times of each departure on the indicator board. FRS is good and if you use the fast catamaran ferry to Tanger-Med and are heading to Tanger itself then I believe a free shuttle is provided. This is also the case for taking the FRS ferry from the port of Tarifa direct to Tanger Ville. A free bus shuttle starts at the Algeciras terminal and goes to Tarifa port.

Options are good when it comes to taking a ferry becasue of maybe last minute plan changes etc. Going by vehicle then I would want to book the car for sure.

Acciona Transmed is another ferry operator.

trasmediterranea.es/en/…algeciras-tanger-med

The train station at Algeciras is about 20 minutes walk to the passenger ferry terminal Go straight down the hill past the bus station on the right and you will reach the port area.

Singapore
reviews: 40
2. Re: Ronda-Algeciras

Hi cadiz_lover. Thanks for info. Yup, i will be travelling on foot, heading to tangiers med.

So it's ok if I don't book the ferry tickets online? I can just purchase it ...say half an hr earlier? Is there a need to be at the port earlier (like a check-in)?

Apologies for the tons of questions. This is going to be my first time heading to Morocco.

Reply to: Ronda-Algeciras
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted