We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night in Ronda and then a stop en route to Granada

Which Ronda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
reviews: 148
One night in Ronda and then a stop en route to Granada

We are staying just one night in Ronda after meandering there from Sevilla in 2 weeks! We are so looking forward to it, but I'm trying to make the most of having a rental car for 2 days...

Originally I thought we'd leave Sevilla relatively early..around 9 - drive towards Ronda but make a stop in pueblos blancos- somewhere with a nice walk ... take long/scenic routes (I'm looking on viamichelin and google maps for ideas) and end up in Ronda around 3-4pm.

After staying the night (dinner recommendations...casual but with a view??), we could spend a couple hours in the morning wandering around town before heading to Granada.

My question is: What would be the best stop en route to Granada for just a couple of hours? Should we take the coastal route via Nerja and up to Granada? We leave the car for good and then have 4 days in Granada.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid
reviews: 2,230
1. Re: One night in Ronda and then a stop en route to Granada

Lov:

Yes, visit Nerja. It is a good choice because Nerja is a beautiful town with wonderful views of the sea and mountains. Good shopping too.

South Australia
reviews: 12
2. Re: One night in Ronda and then a stop en route to Granada

There is also the towns of Antequera and Archidona

The white villages of Andalucia www.andalucia.com/villages/home.htm

Route planner www.viamichelin.com

Accommodation www.viamichelin.com

Edited: 2:15 am, March 16, 2013
Port Saint Lucie...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
3. Re: One night in Ronda and then a stop en route to Granada

For restaurants you can not go wrong at The Parador Restaurant, Restaurante Alhambra or at the reataurant at The Hotel Montelirio, all have great views. While at the Hotel Montelirio ask to go to the roof top terrace, soooo beautiful up there. Restaurants are like bars a dime a dozen, so as you are walking you might fine one that you might enjoy more, l say go for it, they do have others with great views.

As for your drive, going via Nerja, will be the longer route, but is a beautiful trip. Try and spend as much time in The Peublos Blancos as possable, very beautiful in them hills.

If it was me, l would take a day away from Granada and spend a extry day in The Peublos Blancos, but thats me. Not necessarily in Ronda but there other towns so beautiful. Grazalema, not far from Ronda is a fun place to go, as there is many more.

Good luck and have fun. Hubie

Boston, MA
reviews: 148
4. Re: One night in Ronda and then a stop en route to Granada

Thanks for the advice! We are thinking of spending more time on the 2nd day exploring pueblos but we do have to be in granada by 4:30. We can't take a day away because its semana Santa and 4 night min at the place I chose to book. I've been to Granada so we might take a day trip to Nerja or somewhere else while in Granada.

Would you recommend staying in Ronda or Grazalema if u had just one night?

Port Saint Lucie...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
5. Re: One night in Ronda and then a stop en route to Granada

There is more to see in Ronda, and at night it is just beautiful. Ronda can get touristy, but when the buses leave it settles down a little.

Grazalema will be more relaxing and a lot SLOWER and is very beautiful in its own way. Just depends on what you want. Look at both on T.A. or google them and decide, my choice would be Ronda if you have never been. Hubie

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid
reviews: 2,230
6. Re: One night in Ronda and then a stop en route to Granada

Lov:

There is little to see in Grazalema. So I would stay overnight in Ronda.

7. Re: One night in Ronda and then a stop en route to Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 19, 2014