We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazon river cruise on Delfin I or MV Aqua?

cheshire
reviews: 27
Amazon river cruise on Delfin I or MV Aqua?

Hi

Just planning a trip to Ecuador and Peru next year and we want to finish with a relaxing Amazon river cruise. Because of the dates we can travel we're looking at a 4d/3n cruise on Delfin I or a 5d/4n cruise on MV Aqua.

The Delfin I itinerary looks better to me (more wildlife and less villages) but I did read a report about the engines being noisy.

Has anyone done these trips recently? and if so, what did you think of your trips. Any advice gratefully received:)

We'll be doing the river cruise early May

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
cheshire
reviews: 27
1. Re: Amazon river cruise on Delfin I or MV Aqua?

Woops, meant MV Aria NOT MV Aqua

Lima, Peru
reviews: 55
2. Re: Amazon river cruise on Delfin I or MV Aqua?

Hi Deefer3,

The engine noise issue has been largely corrected aboard Delfin. They have installed several layers of insulation in the engine compartments, as well as increased insulation in the cabin walls behind the wood paneling. All of the comments we have heard from recent travelers suggest that it is now a much quieter experience. I hope this helps. Feel free to ask us any questions you like about both vessels.

Rainforest Cruises

Massachusetts
reviews: 21
3. Re: Amazon river cruise on Delfin I or MV Aqua?

I just finished a 7 night cruise aboard the Aqua (sister ship to the Aria). It was an amazing trip. The ship was beautiful and comfortable, food was delicious, and bottled water, beer, and wine available at all times. I have travelled a lot and this was one of the best organized trips with friendly, knowledgeable, and professional guides and staff. The itinerary included animal viewing skiff rides, informative jungle walks, and informative village and school visits along with activities like fishing and canoeing! It is a luxury vessel and the passengers are treated very well. I would choose the Aqua Expedition tour again!

California
reviews: 69
4. Re: Amazon river cruise on Delfin I or MV Aqua?

Hello. I just booked the 3 night cruise on the Aqua for June of next year. I asked for a second floor cabin because I recalled reading a Tripadvisor review talking about engine noise from below, but that must have been a complaint about the Delfin, not the Aqua. Which would you suggest - a first floor or second floor cabin. Currently, cabin 104 is available so I could switch to that from the second floor. Thanks for your advice.

Lima, Peru
reviews: 55
5. Re: Amazon river cruise on Delfin I or MV Aqua?

Hi SKLN,

If you have the option to take an upper deck cabin we would suggest this, closer to the front of the ship the better. Have a great time.

Rainforest Cruises

Reply to: Amazon river cruise on Delfin I or MV Aqua?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted