We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re: Rincon to Vieques

Which Rincon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Re: Rincon to Vieques

Thanks Doda!

I guess I didn't realize how one can really tailor their trip in PR. We'll be on our honeymoon, but we're kind of on a budjet. I'm very interested in seeing the architecture of San Juan, but am looking forward to having a tropical, nature paradise in Vieques. The reason I would like to go to Rincon is because I would like to learn to surf for a couple of days or so. I'm just not sure in what order I should do this so that we don't waist any time.

Fly to San Juan - then immediately go to Vieques - then on our way back from Vieques, go to Rincon for a couple of nights - then finish our trip with a couple of days in San Juan.

Is there a ferry that goes from Vieques to Rincon?

Thanks so much for you help.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 1
1. Re: Re: Rincon to Vieques

there is no ferry from RINCON to VIEQUES. what you can do is rent a a car and drive to RINCON staying for 3 or 4 days then head to OLD SAN JUAN staying there for a day or 2. then fly to VIEQUES from the ISLA GRANDE AIRPORT.spending the rest of your honeymoon there. or vice versa you have lots of options available. here are some good websites to start your research.

www.gotopuertorico.com

www.rincon.org

www.isla-vieques.com

keep asking question until you have an itinerary you are happy with.

happy planning,

doda

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
reviews: 22
2. Re: Re: Rincon to Vieques

i agree with Doda, don't think you want to hit Vieques first. Culture shock. Whenever I think of Vieques, I sing the gilligans island song, Vieques is very quite, accept for the roosters. Wind down on the main island first.

New York NY
reviews: 1
3. Re: Re: Rincon to Vieques

Vieques and Rincon are just about as far away from one another as you can be in Puerto Rico...and Vieques has a ferry. How long are you going for? You may want to do San Juan and Rincon, and bag Vieques. I would sugest doing one or the other.

san juan,Puerto Rico
4. Re: Re: Rincon to Vieques

rincon and vieques are opposite to each other

San Juan, Puerto...
reviews: 18
5. Re: Re: Rincon to Vieques

You may want to consider the Rain Forest ,El Yunque area for a few nights. So much to do and so peaceful. You can mountain bike and hike the forest,, enjoy kayaking in the bio bay, take a snorkel and sailing trip on one of the daily trips from Fajardo. The Rainfirrest Inn is a great B&B, the villa is so romantic, and they have private guides for waterfall hikes, biking and kyaking,Villa Seviila also gets great reviews.

If you asked me the ultimate trip is the first night in Old San Juan, the El Convento is beautiful, and they offer a free daily wine and cheese hour that's spectacular tour the city by day, have a great dinner on South Forteleza street, and the take a romantic walk around the walled city, then off to Rincon, for an ocean front stay, 3 nights, great beaches surf, fun bars and restaurants, and the last 3 days in the Rainforrest, City, beach and mountains, the perfect stay!

6. Re: Re: Rincon to Vieques

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, August 27, 2009