We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family friendly rincon hotels

Which Rincon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san diego, ca
reviews: 2
family friendly rincon hotels

we plan to visit puerto rico in june-july 2007. we will have a 15 year old and an 8 year old. We would like a place that has a pool and is beach front.

Rincon vs San Juan?

Any opinions on the following in rincon:

rincon beach resort

parador villa antonio

vista vacation resort

lazy parrot

thank you!!

karyn in san diego

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 1
1. Re: family friendly rincon hotels

have you considered HOTEL VILLA COFRESI in RINCON. it is right on the beach. and is very family friendly. ask for room/s in the older section as the rooms and oceanfront balconies are larger and quieter.. plus it on the best swimming beach in RINCON.right next to VILLA ANTONIO (i do not recommend, it is a bit run down and rooms have ant problems).

RINCON BEACH RESORT is almost NOT in RINCON.

LAZY PARROT.....far from beaches

VISTA VACATION RESORT.....great views however you can get a better deal at THE DESECHEO INN. right next door. i recommend the reef.apt e-mail me if you want great pics. (this is where we stay).

if you want to spend time exploring beaches skip SAN JUAN and head to RINCON. I LEAVE FOR PUERTO RICO TOMORROW until 10/3. so if you want pics for THE DESECHEO INN. E-MAIL ME TODAY.

msdoda@sbcglobal.net

www.villacofresi.com

www.rincon.org

www.rinconpr.com

San Juan, PR
2. Re: family friendly rincon hotels

I replied to your other post, but if you are thinking about Rincon, consider Casa Islena- it has a pool and it is beachfront. Go to www.casa-islena.com

Also- if you want to be a bit off the beaten path- consider Parador Bahia Salinas in Cabo Rojo. It is a almost on the southernmost tip of PR and there's not much else around the resort- except the beach. You definately need a car . However, I visited a few months back and saw families and overall it had a peaceful feel to it. The only drawback may be that it's a bit isolated( although this can be a plus fro some). You can read reviews on TA if it interests you.

Go to www.bahiasalinas.com

On the south side( in Guanica) consider family-friendly Copamarina Beach Resort. Go to www.copamarina.com

Also Mary Lees By the Sea. I have not been here but hear nice things. Go to www.maryleesbythesea.com

San Juan, PR
3. Re: family friendly rincon hotels

P. S. Doda gave you a lot of good info and I also agree with her recommendations.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
reviews: 11
4. Re: family friendly rincon hotels

I stayed in Villa Cofresi in June, and it was great. The Restaurant was excellent and very friendly employees. While there we had a flat tire and immediatly the Front Desk offered to send someone to help us. The beach is great , right in front. For kids they have Billards and a gameroom. The pool is a little small , but they have a Lifeguard on duty, so you don;t have to worry about your kids. Continental Breakfast is included and they change the buffet daily.

Brooklyn, NY
5. Re: family friendly rincon hotels

we stayed at Rincon Beach Resort last Feb with our 9 and 12 yr old boys and it was great. The pool was large and right on a beautiful swimming beach. we took the JetBlue red-eye and arrived at 5AM and despite the fact that I went over this several times in advance with mgmt, they did not have our room ready on arrival (and I paid for it!). They did however, put us in another (smaller) room until later in the afternoon. After that, our stay was fab. It is a bit south of town and the other points of interest in and around Rincon, but we rented a car (cheap) and got around very easily. we spent our last day looking at rentals, as we are plannning to return this Feb. I am currrently considering Pipon's. BTW... I don't know if your boys are into surfing, but ours had the time of thier life with a private lesson from a LI beach--bum-surfer-dude named Caleb who runs a surf shack (rentals and lessons) right next to casa Islena Inn at Antonio's Beach. His # is 787-485-2353. Tell himJack (from Brooklyn) sent you! Also get the Rincon tourist map when you arrive. It was a great tool for finding all the beaches (they are all diffferennt) and each worth visiting. Have fun!

6. Re: family friendly rincon hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, August 18, 2009