We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bodyboarding in Rincon Area

Which Rincon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 23
Bodyboarding in Rincon Area

Hello.

Me and my boyfriend are traveling to the Rincon area of Puerto Rico from March 30th to April 1st (just two nights). We are staying at the Horned Dorset Primavera Hotel.

I really love to bodyboard, though I am a beginner (if you can even call it that). I basically love to splash around in good waves and catch a nice ride to the shore if I can manage to hold on to a boogie board.

My boyfriend, on the otherhand, enjoys snorkeling in clear water to see colorful fish or interesting coral. I prefer not to be in the vicinity of anything scary such as sharks or anything that would swim close to the surface.

I imagine no beach will offer both options but was wondering if I could get some feedback on which beaches might be good for a beginner boogie boarder and perhaps another spot that would be good for snorkeling.

Boogie boarding is the priority :-)

Also, any great choices for dinner or nightlife would be great. So far thinking of eating at our hotel as well as checking out Pools Beach Sushi for dinner one night and 12 Rounds for some late night drinks/dancing.

Lastly, any great spots for fresh oysters? I've been craving them - would be great if I knew a good spot… whether a dive or fancy.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

Melisa

Puerto Rico
reviews: 9
1. Re: Bodyboarding in Rincon Area

Hi Melisa,

If you can spare the time, for oysters, I would recommend taking a drive down to the main strip of Boquerón, about an hour south of Rincon. Especially on weekends, you'll find LOADS of vendors with fresh oysters and clams. There are lots of lovely beaches to check out in the area as well.

www.flickr.com/photos/hramos/4830603595/

http://www.caborojopr.com/boqueron.html

For snorkeling, Steps Beach in Rincon is our favorite! For bodyboarding, Sandy Beach (in the Puntas area, about 7 minutes drive from Steps) could do you well. However, if the waves are right, you might be able to bodyboard right in front of the Horned Dorset! :-)

One spot we LOVE for dinner is the LPR (tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g264369-d1…). Insider tip: Make a reservation for their G1 table (Garden 1) and you'll have you're own "private" table surrounded by palms and greenery!

Hope you have a wonderful time in Rincon!

--Miri

New York City, New...
reviews: 23
2. Re: Bodyboarding in Rincon Area

Thanks for getting back to me. Not sure we want to drive an hour south for the oysters since we are only there for two nights, but so glad I have the beach recommendations and will also have to see about that table at LPR.

Looking forward to it!

3. Re: Bodyboarding in Rincon Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, March 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Rincon