We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rincon or somewhere else?

Which Rincon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 5
Rincon or somewhere else?

I am travelling with my family to Puerto Rico next summer for a couple weeks. I speak Spanish and would like to land somewhere that is not overrun with tourists and we can have a bit of a cultural experience, but is safe for us with our young children. we spent a month in Ecuador last summer and had a great adventure but are staying closer to home this year. Any advice about a place with nice beaches, walking distance to a town where we can have a bit of a cultural experience and not feel like we are in Florida?

Thanks

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
reviews: 29
1. Re: Rincon or somewhere else?

Vieques

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
reviews: 14
2. Re: Rincon or somewhere else?

The "problem" you might find is if there are good beaches, there will be lots of tourists and expats there! Stay away in July- it is THE vacation month and everything is crowded with local and tourists alike.

I like Rincon, but it does give me a state-side shore town vibe. Vieques has more of an island feel (since it is a separate island!) but you will encounter English spoken all over and it may have not enough family culture experiences for your 2 week visit.

Maybe look into 2 places, so you get a feel of a few places.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
reviews: 29
3. Re: Rincon or somewhere else?

I agree with FF. Vieques doesnt offer a whole lot for a family. especially for two weeks. Try 5 days on Vieques and the rest around the mainland. Rincon for 4 days. Ponce for two and San Juan for three. From Rincon check out Camuy Arecibo and Lares. From San Juan go to El Yunque Guavate and Pinones as well as OSJ.

Edited: 2:41 pm, December 10, 2011
San Juan
reviews: 3
4. Re: Rincon or somewhere else?

Try Cabo Rojo, Isabela, Quebradillas and the rest of the western region and mountain region or any other region outside the tourist zones in San Juan of Condado and Isla Verde.

Vineland, NJ
reviews: 17
5. Re: Rincon or somewhere else?

Go to Lares one day. You can go to the plaza and there is a little shop that has all kinds of ice cream flavors (bean, garlic, you get the idea). It is a great place & away from the normal tourists attractions.

Edited: 2:23 pm, December 13, 2011
6. Re: Rincon or somewhere else?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:01 am, December 20, 2011
7. Re: Rincon or somewhere else?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, December 26, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Rincon