We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip to Rincon

Which Rincon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 72
Planning a trip to Rincon

I've never been to Rincon area of PR in April and was thinking about staying at the Rincon Beach Resort. Would like some feedback from people who have stayed there recently, especially about the conditions of the beaches and service, etc... Do I need to rent a car?

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 1
1. Re: Planning a trip to Rincon

if you are going to stay in RINCON, and plan on leaving your hotel to do anything or going anywhere you are going to need a car.there are many beatiful beachfront guesthouses for to rent for the same price as that sort of hotel. also we do not care for that area of beach and it is a long way (WALK)to town where all the good beaches and people are.if you give me your price range i can give you better input. msdoda@sbcglobal.net

good luck,

doda

Quincy, MA
reviews: 2
2. Re: Planning a trip to Rincon

we're renting a house nearby (also going in April) but I'm familiar with Rincon Beach Resort. It's nice (although we prefer the ability to cook our own meals occassionally)and the beat is good. you DEFINITELY need a car in Rincon (at least in my opinion.

go to Casa Islina (sp?) one night for dinner. really beautiful and excellent food. We're counting the days till we go back

Long Island, New...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Planning a trip to Rincon

definatley need to rent a car if you want to go anywhere. I'm going to be there in April also and am staying at "Pipons Resort" They are apt units, with kitchens which I love to have. Rincon Beach Resort-I hear is very nice but also very pricey. There are so many other nice places. Oh yea, from my research, when I was looking around, I learned that Rincon Beach Resort in not really in Rincon but just south of it, I don't know, research yourself. Anywhere you go on that part of the island, I think you'll be fine. It's so beautiful there. Enjoy!

San Juan, Puerto...
reviews: 18
4. Re: Planning a trip to Rincon

RIncon offers a great vacation, nearly 41/2 hours door to door from NYC, You can't beat that! Be sure to fly into Aguadilla, JetBlue from NY, Continental from Newark. The RIncon Beach Resort offers the ammentities one might expect from a resort property. If you want Pina Colada's at the pool, daily maid service, gym, nightly entertainment, a resort is for you. The Beach Resort is abour 20 minutes from town. Rincon of the Seas is actually in town, and offers closer proximity to the better restaurants and activities Rincon has to offer. While dining atleat one night at the resort is fine, and a burger at the pool is convenient, be sure to get out of the hotel and enjoy the better restaurants in Rincon. Of course The Horned Dorset is beautiful, but not for everyone. Additionally use this site to plan your activities, have heard that sometimes the bigger resorts don't offer all the advice on places to go in Rincon.

Advice on lodging... Be specific, some people are happiest at Resorts where they will be best pampered, others choose an Inn, offering some services, with small charm, breakfast and maid service, guest houses usually offer less ammenities yet, however offer quaint accommodations that fit a budget, with vacation villas offering familes the convenience of a kitchen, and living room for their comfort. When choosng anything other than a resort be sure to ask imporrtant questions like how old are the furnishings, maid service, towels, sheets etc, airconditioning, pool, loud neighbors etc. Most owners of the smaller venues want you to have a wonderful stay, no surprises, so the more they know about our expectations, the better they will be prepared to advise you on booking with them.

Vermont
reviews: 5
5. Re: Planning a trip to Rincon

You absolutely have to rent a car! We just got back from a week there. I haven't been there since I was a child and I was pleasantly surprised by the community-like feel and the surfer subculture. It was like Puerto Rico of the 60s, safe and friendly. But if you are going to really see the area you need a car and not be anxious about narrow roads and pot holes!

I prefer the smaller places like Tres Sirenas or Casa Islena as they are more intimate and independent, Rincon by the sea is a big busy resort but that might be what you prefer. There is some great Puerto Rican food to be had and incredible sunsets. The surf is a bit rough for kids or those who are not strong swimmers, but the beaches are delightful.

MN
reviews: 31
6. Re: Planning a trip to Rincon

We just returned from PR 3/12/06, we spent 8 days in Rincon. We spent our first night at the Rincon Beach Resort. It was a good place to stay and a good value. It is new so you have decent water pressure, clean rooms etc. I think you can get a good value package here for lodging, meals and beverages. If you do stay there I would work on getting an all-inclusive package. If you have children it is a good place. I think for a romatic getaway you can do better. It is a safe place so you do not need to be concerned about that.The food was ok, the bar was nice, and they had some music playing. Service was very nice and accomodating but not stellar, but you do get what you pay for.

Yes, yes, yes, do rent a car, there are fabulous day trips and you will want to go to town for lunch. Eat at the local places and shop at the Econo grocery store in Rincon, you can make your own pre-dinner cocktails in your room for a fraction of the price.

I think this place is a good value if you can get a package for the right price. Give them a call directly as I did and was able to get a great price on a room. PR is PR, a relaxed culture so prepare to be on hold for a long time...

Check out the Horded Dorset for dinner, I think one of the best if not the best kitchen in the Carribean.

I love Rincon, even with the roosters crowing all day and driving is crazy, the downtown main street is a mess but don't let that stop you from going to town, they just take ages to complete projects. Like I said, PR is PR, island time is alive and well there.

Austin, Texas
reviews: 15
7. Re: Planning a trip to Rincon

I just got back from Rincon and originally wasn't going to rent a car but boy was i glad that I did. The town is very spread out and if you want to leave your hotel at all, you'll want a car. i stayed at the Pineapple Inn on Corcega Beach (right down the street from the Rincon Beach Resort) which was lovely, private and very affordable. Also, I highly recommend eating dinner at the Spot. The food was fabulous and the oceanside setting couldn't be beat. Have fun - it's a great place!!!