We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spanish Lessons/Tutoring in Rincon

Which Rincon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
midwest
reviews: 23
Spanish Lessons/Tutoring in Rincon

Hello,

My family and I will be in Rincon from roughly Christmas to New Years, and I am interesting in finding a Spanish tutor/lessons during this time. Specifically, I'm looking for about 2 hours per day of Spanish conversation at about the beginning to intermediate level. I don't want to overwhelm my vacation with half-day or full day lessons, but would enjoy practicing at least a little while in Puerto Rico. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Rincon,PR
reviews: 21
1. Re: Spanish Lessons/Tutoring in Rincon

I saw this add in our town maazine-El Coqui of Rincon www.coquirincon.com

Bottom of page 44

"Learn Espanol one on one (787) 313-3389

Edited: 1:15 pm, May 08, 2011
White Plains, New...
reviews: 40
2. Re: Spanish Lessons/Tutoring in Rincon

The best language learning tool in the market is Rosetta Stone:

http://www.rosettastone.com/learn-spanish

Puerto Rico official language is Spanish & English, Spanish being predominant.

Rincon,PR
reviews: 21
3. Re: Spanish Lessons/Tutoring in Rincon

One on one, with a Puerto Rican in Puerto Rico on the Beach sound smore Fun, well atleast to me.

San Juan
reviews: 3
4. Re: Spanish Lessons/Tutoring in Rincon

even though english is included as a second official language since 1992, it is a political fiction created to advance some specific political agenda (Before 1992 Spanish was the only official language). Spanish is the main language of Puerto Rico (99%) ever since Christopher Columbus landed in the very late 1400's.

You can call the Academia Puertorriqueña de la Lengua Española (which is the royal spanish academy of Puerto Rico) and they can give you a number of a spanish as second language certified instructor in the west coast

787.721.6070 , they have a facebook page also

Edited: 2:52 pm, May 08, 2011
San Juan, Puerto...
reviews: 18
5. Re: Spanish Lessons/Tutoring in Rincon

What a fabulous idea for you and your family to enjoy the beauty of Puerto Rico, and experience it's culture first hand through the native tongue. It would be a great idea to buy a very basic introductory book now so you are versed on some of the rules of conjugation, and then when you get here you can jump right in to the conversation with a local instructor. I have also found that vocabulary flash cards are great. Check with the host of the villa or guest house you are staying with, most are very gracious about accommodating their guests, and have some favorite locals they employ. You might enjoy a catered criollo meal prepared by a local, have them explain everything in Spanish, the housekeepers and ground keeper's will all love to speak to you in Spanish. Go to a local barber or hair dresser while you are here, it's a wonderful experience, and you will want to understand everything they are saying, it's where all teh talk of the town happens. Church services will all be in Spanish. You will have so much fun immersing yourself in the language, Enjoy, we applaud you in this endeavor.

midwest
reviews: 23
6. Re: Spanish Lessons/Tutoring in Rincon

Hi All,

Thanks for the terrific advice. Just to let you know where I am Spanish wise, I've actually studied Spanish in immersion school in Mexico (Cuernavaca) and also use DVD/Computer software on a regular basis (Fluenz, not Rosetta Stone, but that's just a matter of personal preference), so I do bring some Spanish with me. But...that said, TresSirenas has it exactly right; I always try to take advantage of the opportunity to talk/practice when in a Spanish speaking area, and there is no better way to learn about a place or a culture. I bet the phone number provided by Pineappleinn is exactly what I'm looking for.... Again, thanks to all. Hasta....

Rincon, Puerto Rico
7. Re: Spanish Lessons/Tutoring in Rincon

Hola, for anyone interested in Spanish lesson in Rincon, please visit : http://spanishrincon.blogspot.com

8. Re: Spanish Lessons/Tutoring in Rincon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, January 23, 2013