We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicycling between Aguadilla and Rincon.

Which Rincon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northampton, Mass
Bicycling between Aguadilla and Rincon.

Can anyone tell me what the biking conditions are between these two places. Also, I vaguely heard something about a bike path or maybe it was being talked about or whatever. Are there any bike rentals in the area? Thanks in advance.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
reviews: 42
1. Re: Bicycling between Aguadilla and Rincon.

If I remember correctly, there are several miles between the 2 towns, and the roads are not safe for bike riding. The main road has hills and curves along the way, no bike lanes, and no sidewalks.

Edited: 3:22 pm, January 21, 2011
Puerto Rico
reviews: 2
2. Re: Bicycling between Aguadilla and Rincon.

I strongly advise against. Unless you plan to ride with a peloton the road is too narrow, there is no bike path and the PR drivers just don't care about the cyclist.

California
3. Re: Bicycling between Aguadilla and Rincon.

In a word, treacherous. Don't know about rentals, tho.

Delaware
reviews: 25
4. Re: Bicycling between Aguadilla and Rincon.

Wow, that sounds super treacherous. Steep mountains, winding roads, and very narrow. About 1/2 hour drive by car, and tons of traffic.

Austin, Texas
5. Re: Bicycling between Aguadilla and Rincon.

I dont think there is any bike path. I would stay as close to the coast as possible. It is definitively safer than biking in San Juan. Sounds like a good ride. It will depend on your experience on the road. Drivers can be very aggressive so you’ll need to be extra careful. About renting a bike, I would rather take my own. I’m not sure about how things are now but, the kinds of bikes they use to have in the west coast for renting were not very appropriate for this kind of trip. Good luck!

Rincon, Puerto Rico
reviews: 2
6. Re: Bicycling between Aguadilla and Rincon.

If you take the right route, it wont be too difficult. The roads are fairly narrow at points, but and traffic in Aguadilla can be heavy, but good advice to stay along the coast. There's a place in Aguadilla called Aquatica that rents bikes, they're near the airport Rt. 110 km 10.0 Gate 5

Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

787-890-6071

Have fun!

7. Re: Bicycling between Aguadilla and Rincon.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, February 04, 2012