We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun, Tropical, Tasty, Not-too-Expensive Restaurants?

Which Rincon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
reviews: 54
Fun, Tropical, Tasty, Not-too-Expensive Restaurants?

Hi Everyone,

We'll be in Rincon soon and I am wondering if you can recommend some good restaurants that are:

Fun

Tropical (we love Caribbean, Cuban, Puerto Rican food)

Tasty

Not too expensive

Seafood or vegetarian options (we don't eat chicken, beef or pork)

Extra points for a water view and good tropical drinks like mojitos or pina coladas!

Thanks for any tips!!!

Washington DC
1. Re: Fun, Tropical, Tasty, Not-too-Expensive Restaurants?

Several places we tried and liked alot included an excellent vegetarian place right across from the post office on Rte 115 (sorry can't remember the name) and a wonderful fresh seafood place called the Harbor Restaurant or something like that and really good coffee/light fare place, Taino International. Frankly we didn't find cheap places in PR.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 16
2. Re: Fun, Tropical, Tasty, Not-too-Expensive Restaurants?

Rincon Tropical, on 115 toward the south end, has seafood at good prices. Our dinner for two was somewhere between $40-50, including a couple of beers.

If someone's looking for a CHEAP but delicious lunch, try Panaderia Calvache, also on the south end of 115. We had two Cuban sandwiches and three coffees for a total of about $6. Don't think that they had any vegetarian choices, however.

San Juan, Puerto...
reviews: 18
3. Re: Fun, Tropical, Tasty, Not-too-Expensive Restaurants?

Villa Confressi, located oceanfront, great fun bar, really offers among the best local fresh seafood, prepared in the criollo style, I'm a vegetarain who eats fish, and their fresh Mahi prepared in a lemon butter garlic sauce is my favoirte in town, and the best priced. You may also want to try Flamboyan, located on the first hill down to Puntas, also criollo, Puerto Rican environment, and before the sunsets exquisite views to the water from there outside balconies. Also on 115 in Anasco on the route into RIncon are some fun restauraant bars that offer local seafood, and empanadilla's and a beautiful view over the water, with gorgeous sunsets, Kaplash, and Brumas are the 2 best there. Another cheap great place is Pool's bar for 10 bucks you can get fresh mahi pinchos (Kabobs) with a pineapple sacuce, rice and beans and a fresh salad, fun environment, just off the beach, great drinks, very popular with the surf crowd, also one of our favorites in town, on Sundays they offer sushi. Casa Islena, water front is the most elegant ocean front dining, they serve tapas and make great drinks.

Philadelphia
reviews: 54
4. Re: Fun, Tropical, Tasty, Not-too-Expensive Restaurants?

Thanks for all the helpful replies! I really appreciate it. I will definitely check some of these places out.

United States
5. Re: Fun, Tropical, Tasty, Not-too-Expensive Restaurants?

Just to add to the previous posts, Rincon Tropical, in town, is also quite good. I like their aranitas (shredded plantain crisp fritters) and their fried whole snapper (I ask that the kitchen cook it about 2 minutes less than they usually would -- and it's delicious!)

Calypso, on Marias beach, also has very decent food, e.g. mahi with tostones and rice and beans, at a reasonable price, along with great sunsets. Also a good happy hour with rum punches at, I think, $1.50 or $2.00

Christine

United States
6. Re: Fun, Tropical, Tasty, Not-too-Expensive Restaurants?

One more thought-- Munchie's Cafe, on Calle Cambija, toward the Cooperativa and the Balneario in town, has daily specials and very reasonable prices. On Saturday, their "pernil," (roast pork shoulder) with arroz con gandules is excellent.

Enjoy...

Christine