We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba Diving In Morocco

Liverpool
3 posts
1 review
Scuba Diving In Morocco

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is any info on diving in Morocco? I am planning to go around September and wanted to know where to go for diving. I haven't decided where I would like to stay in Morocco yet, so I am open to ideas.

Thanks

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
1. Re: Scuba Diving In Morocco

I'm looking too. I found this forum scubaboard.com/forums/africa/437473-morocco-…

and have also emailed info@sejours-maroc.org but I haven't had a response yet.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: Scuba Diving In Morocco

This thread may be of interest:

tripadvisor.com/…39986032

Scuba diving and snorkelling are not popular on the two Moroccan coastlines and visibilty can be very poor on both the North Atlantic and Mediterranean sides.

Eastleigh, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
80 reviews
3. Re: Scuba Diving In Morocco

Really helpful all who answered, I was looking too :)

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Scuba Diving In Morocco

I haven't spent much time looking yet but have been interested in going to Morocco and wanted to incorporate some diving in if possible. I remember reading somewhere that diving was great but just very undeveloped...so although it may be more difficult to find, you are more likely to see marine life because there haven't been very many people. Have you found this anywhere? I just emailed my friend in the Canary Islands and when I go will be visiting her so once she confirms...I will start researching more about scuba in Morocco. Please keep posting what you find if you think to do so because I am very interested...what a trip!! All the amazing food AND diving!!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,962 posts
63 reviews
5. Re: Scuba Diving In Morocco

Hi,

scubadviser.com/Scuba-diving-destinations/-D…

May be of interest. Google throws up a few more sites but scuba diving is not a big sport in Morocco for the reasons given above.

Edited: 1:48 pm, October 24, 2013
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,441 posts
52 reviews
6. Re: Scuba Diving In Morocco

It's not so much where the dive sites are; key to success is finding a properly run compressor facility to refill the bottles.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
7. Re: Scuba Diving In Morocco

The information provided on Scuba Adviser is basically incorrect and obviously has been provided by someone that has not visited Morocco. The biggest bloomer (not scuba related unless a new species of marine mosquito has been discovered) is that malaria is endemic to northern parts of the country. So lynneparrish be aware that the underwater topography of the Canary islands is very different to that of the Moroccan Atlantic coast (partly due to volcanic fissures, vents and caves) and as Tim mentions dive centres are virtually unknown here and I too would be concerned over safety issues. I write as a BSAC trained diver. Enjoy the seafood but forego the pleasure of experiencing it in situ!

8. Re: Scuba Diving In Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Marrakech-Tensift-El...
More Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region Topics