We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothes and things!!

Which Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
gravesend
reviews: 11
Clothes and things!!

Hi I know this has properly all been asked before, but could someone tell whether shorts for male and females are acceptable to wear site seeing etc during the day? ( we are both over 50 so hot pants they are not!).

Also, considering our ages, are there public toilets or can you walk into cafe/ resturant and use theirs?

We go the end of feb and can't wait!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
1. Re: Clothes and things!!

Hi,

Shorts are OK. There are public toilets but you don't want to go there ;-) Cafes are fine about people using the facilities as long as you leave a dirham or two in the saucer.

2. Re: Clothes and things!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:22 am, October 29, 2013
Tweed Heads...
reviews: 47
3. Re: Clothes and things!!

The problem is having the coin to leave in the dish. We found coins, especially 1dirham, to be like gold for us!! Each day we tried to to have a variety of coins in our pockets for tips throughout the day.

I always carry a small bottle of anti bacterial hand wash with me - at home and away - then you know your hands will always be clean and sanitised :-)

4. Re: Clothes and things!!

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

gravesend
reviews: 11
5. Re: Clothes and things!!

Hi I just needed advice on availability of toilets! Not on hand cleaning! I'm a nurse so have very up to date hand cleaning knowledge thanks! ( and yes I will be taking anti bacterial gel)

6. Re: Clothes and things!!

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
7. Re: Clothes and things!!

Long shorts are ok and if the weather is like this past week you will want to wear them!

I try to use cafes and restaurants for toilet facilities. In the more upmarket places you don't have to pay. However you will soon realise what the etiquette is - if you have to pay you will find a person and a money bowl. I usually pay 1 or 2 MAD where necessary.

The Ben Youssef Madrasa has some nice toilets - which I suggest you take advantage of before returning to Jemaa El Fna square. The cleaner has been known to stand holding a 10 MAD coin in the hope that every tourist will pay the same amount. If they do she is making a fortune!

Athens, Greece
reviews: 19
8. Re: Clothes and things!!

Thumbs up for John W re hand washing. In Finland, which is a country of , could I say, extreme hygiene, it has been advised by health authorities re the latest virus going on, that proper hand washing with soap is far more effective than antibacterial handwash. this just for yr info.

Tweed Heads...
reviews: 47
9. Re: Clothes and things!!

Oops, sorry Nessie & John W, I was just trying to be helpful.

I certainly wasn't trying to tell people to do what I do, or that it's the only way to go. Of course thorough hand washing is the most effective measure. Spending my working days constantly handling money (which is high up there in germ spreading), it's what happens after I wash my hands that bothers me. I just regard this as an extra measure. A bit like carrying soap and water with me wherever I go.

10. Re: Clothes and things!!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 09, 2014