We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how old do you have to be to go clubbing in ayia napa?

Which Ayia Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
how old do you have to be to go clubbing in ayia napa?

Me and five friends were thinking of going to Ayia Napa next year and three of us will be 18 but the other three will still be 17 :/ will they get into clubs? I think the clubs won't be too strict but obviously we want to know for sure before we go!

13 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus
reviews: 99
1. Re: how old do you have to be to go clubbing in ayia napa?

The legal drinking age is 18 for clubs and pubs in Cyprus, generally you wont be asked for ID but have a read of this thread too with regards underage drinkers tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g262055-i9247-k5…

Nottingham, United...
2. Re: how old do you have to be to go clubbing in ayia napa?

okay thankyou! do you know about drinking ages for clubs in Ibiza - Spain?

UK
Destination Expert
3. Re: how old do you have to be to go clubbing in ayia napa?

The drinking age in all of Europe is 18.

Ibiza, being in Europe, has a legal drinking age of 18.

hartlepool, united...
reviews: 82
4. Re: how old do you have to be to go clubbing in ayia napa?

Hi lillie, we met loads of 16/17 years olds in ayia napa is June this year and from speaking to them none of them had any probs at all gettin served.

5. Re: how old do you have to be to go clubbing in ayia napa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:02 pm, December 01, 2012
Edited: 12:02 pm, December 01, 2012

UK
Destination Expert
6. Re: how old do you have to be to go clubbing in ayia napa?

That info is slightly out of date I'm afraid, due to issues with drugs & alcohol the rules change for 2013 and it's raised to 18 as I indicated above It's come about due to the Alcohol Policy Developments in Cyprus. (Sept 2012) And yes you can enter a nightclub at 16 but are not allowed to purchase or consume alcohol anywhere including shops.

uk
reviews: 53
7. Re: how old do you have to be to go clubbing in ayia napa?

as long as you look 17/18 you'll have no issues. i saw loads of people who didn't look 18 and they were all getting served

UK
Destination Expert
8. Re: how old do you have to be to go clubbing in ayia napa?

Very true jonnypb............BUT if you get caught it's a night in the cells and a hefty fine. So, better to be warned of what might happen rather than assume all is okay if the police stop you in or outside any clubs or pubs and you can't produce ID proving your age

9. Re: how old do you have to be to go clubbing in ayia napa?

You'll be fine, we met a fair few groups who were 16-17, no one gets ID'd, you can drink when and were you want without any problems, all the party resorts are the same. Miss chief, I wouldn't like to be one of your children

Solihull
reviews: 6
10. Re: how old do you have to be to go clubbing in ayia napa?

What? A parent who tells her children not to break the law? No, can't have that can we? God, this country.

Reply to: how old do you have to be to go clubbing in ayia napa?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted