We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weddings church then reception at Olympic lagoon resort???

Which Ayia Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Weddings church then reception at Olympic lagoon resort???

Hi everyone. Has anyone got married in the Olympic Lagoon resort in nissi bay/ ayia napa Cyprus? . I want a traditional church wedding then go back to the hotel for the reception and have a sit down meal. I went to the travel agents yesterday and apparently the hotel don't like giving you a reception if u don't actually get married in the hotel. I think the reason being its such a lovely hotel, they have a couple of weddings a day there, they would prefer to cater for the bookings with the whole package if that makes sense.? Didn't know if it was true, replies would be so helpful. I'm totally gutted because that hotel looks beautiful. My dream was to have a church wedding with horse and carriage. :( I have emailed the hotel yesterday, now just waiting for a reply xx

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus
reviews: 103
1. Re: Weddings church then reception at Olympic lagoon resort???

Its a popular subject on the forums.........did you see the posts on same page as yours just below about the OL Weddings ? tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g262055-i9247-k5…

There's a small search box just above your post in the forum.....type in OLYMPIC LAGOON WEDDINGS it will bring up 6 pages of past posts. they should give you plenty to read while you wait for the hotel to reply.

IF the OL won't let you do the church wedding and then reception there, chose elsewhere. Plenty of hotels and restaurants do just wedding receptions & probably better value, unless of course you have your heart set on the OL

2. Re: Weddings church then reception at Olympic lagoon resort???

Thanks for your info, would you suggest a hotel anywhere round the ayia napa/protaras area. My dream is a church wedding, then followed by reception with a sit down meal in the hotel were staying. Price isn't a problem I just want my special dream day. Will wait til I get my emai back from them, will be gutted if they say no, OL does look lovely. Thanks xx

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus
reviews: 103
3. Re: Weddings church then reception at Olympic lagoon resort???

Nissi Beach Hotel is popular as are all of the Grecian Group hotels in particular the Grecian Park Hotel.........STUNNING and I'd have to say better than the OL. www.grecianpark.com/ & www.grecian.com.cy/

Or consider a restaurant for the Reception, you'll get far more for your ££ and then you can splash out on your hotel even perhaps the OL or in the same area & very, very nice, right on the beach is The Dome Beach, they also do weddings. www.facebook.com/Tsokkos.Weddings & theweddingcounsel.com/venues/… & www.mycypruswed.com/ Have a look at this restaurant, walking distance to the Dome& the OL so no transport issues for you or your guests and they do fabulous wedding reception meals along with a great cocktail bar ;o) www.thegardenofedencyprus.com/index.php…

Hope that all helps and gives you some options if it doesn't work out with OL x

Edited: 7:32 pm, November 03, 2012
uk
reviews: 4
4. Re: Weddings church then reception at Olympic lagoon resort???

I got married in Grecian Sands last year And I have to say we were lucky enough to go round all the hotels the year before to see what each was like.

Grecian Sands was IMO much nicer than OL. Also you might want to look at Adams Beach, stunning hotel.

Grecian Park is absolutely gorgeous but is a bit out the way, bus stop outside should you want to go into resort but we decided against it purely because of location.

How many guests will you have? Not a church but the Grecian Sands has its own chapel in the hotels gardens. (wouldnt fit lotd of guests though).

5. Re: Weddings church then reception at Olympic lagoon resort???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 09, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa
Recent Conversations