We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tasia Maris Beach Hotel for people in wheelchairs

Which Ayia Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire
reviews: 25
Tasia Maris Beach Hotel for people in wheelchairs

Does anyone know if the Thomson Gold Hotel, Tasia Maris Beach, is suitable for people in wheelchairs. My husband can only walk a few steps without the wheelchair. We don't need an adapted room. Also is the surrounding area flat.

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus
reviews: 107
1. Re: Tasia Maris Beach Hotel for people in wheelchairs

They do have rooms on the flat/ground with direct access. The grounds are fairly flat but they don't actually advertise as a wheelchair friendly hotel. See their own website for info & also you can contact them directly. www.tasiamarishotels.com/

The Pavlo Napa (same area) is definitely wheelchair friendly & advertises as such as do these others on TA

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/HACSearch…

hartlepool, united...
reviews: 93
2. Re: Tasia Maris Beach Hotel for people in wheelchairs

I stayed there in June as well as August 2011, and I would say yes. They have a ramp to get to the main entrance if you cant use stairs, and they also have a ramp inside as it's split level. The access to the pool area is flush to the ground floor with no steps at all, you can just walk straight out. The pool area is totally flat with no steps and there is a wide, gradually sloped entrance into the pool. They have 2 lifts, and although the bathrooms are rather small, they do have huge walk-in showers. The hotel attracts mainly older people and there were a couple of wheelchair users when we stayed there. We had a brilliant time, its a lovely hotel and the staff and food are excellent. I would go for it.

hartlepool, united...
reviews: 93
3. Re: Tasia Maris Beach Hotel for people in wheelchairs

Forgot to say surrounding area is totally flat. You're right on Nissi Avenue so its about a 10 minute walk to Nissi Beach and about 25 minutes into Ayia Napa - totally flat walk either way but once you get to Ayia Napa then you can go to the harbour (flat) or it's a bit of a bank in the other direction. Plus the hotel is just a stones throw from the beach and access is really easy (slope at back of pool area onto the road opposite the beach). Also, there's lots of good bars and restaurants in close vicinity to the hotel, many of which are excellent. I'd go back again to the Tasia Maris without a doubt.

Lancashire
reviews: 25
4. Re: Tasia Maris Beach Hotel for people in wheelchairs

thanks everyone for your comments. That's really helpful

5. Re: Tasia Maris Beach Hotel for people in wheelchairs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 10, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa