We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

teen hotels but some only turn 18 when on the holiday

Which Ayia Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beckenham
reviews: 11
teen hotels but some only turn 18 when on the holiday

My son and his friends want to go to Ayia Napa in June 2013. I have been helping him look at hotels and some look very nice, but they state 18 onwards. There are three in his group that turn 18 whilst they plan to be away.

Do you think these hotels will accept them or do I definitely have to book a hotel that for younger teens but this will then include hotels catering for families.

He was particularly looking at the Senator Hotel Apartments, does anyone have any information about the age allowance of this hotel or any hotels for that matter?

Any advice would be appreciated.

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
reviews: 112
1. Re: teen hotels but some only turn 18 when on the holiday

The Senator are very geared up for single sex groups and very popular with singles. Can I assume at least one of the travellers will be 18 prior to departure ? If so then that person would be the "adult" so to speak and therefore if booked in that name at time of booking you'll be fine. They will take all travellers passports at check in as is the norm, they photocopy and then return so there's no "pulling the wool over their eyes" so to speak.

As for drinking, very few if any bars in Bar Street & the square would ask for ID so they'll be fine even prior to them turning 18 whilst away.

Just be aware that the 18 year old as such would be responsible for these friends should they get into any trouble............they also wont be able to hire mopeds etc.................you might be pleased to know, there's always lots of accidents every summer on these and the buggys ! So the hire companies are very strict about age limit

Hope that helps

Edited: 3:45 pm, October 26, 2012
Beckenham
reviews: 11
2. Re: teen hotels but some only turn 18 when on the holiday

Thank you, this was very helpful and useful advice.

3. Re: teen hotels but some only turn 18 when on the holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 30, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa