We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barringtons Golf & Spa Hotel, Vale do Lobo

Which Almancil hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chester, United...
Barringtons Golf & Spa Hotel, Vale do Lobo

Does anyone know what's happening at Barringtons, we've been trying to contact the hotel with no luck via phone or email - does anyone have any news?

Almancil
1. Re: Barringtons Golf & Spa Hotel, Vale do Lobo

I know that Barringtons is currently closed. I don't know when it is planned to reopen, but I do know it is on the market.

england
2. Re: Barringtons Golf & Spa Hotel, Vale do Lobo

Something odd going on here! I have no interest in this hotel, but came across it whilst idly browsing the Algarve Guide, and was struck by the sudden number of awful reviews, when there had previously been no mention of it for months on end. And then, hey presto, a question pops up out of the blue on the Forum, with an answer mentioning it is for sale. Curious, or what?

3. Re: Barringtons Golf & Spa Hotel, Vale do Lobo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:43 pm, November 07, 2011
Towcester UK
reviews: 13
4. Re: Barringtons Golf & Spa Hotel, Vale do Lobo

I understand that new owners took over Barringtons on 19th January 2011.

They are assessing the situation they find which I think must be very complicated when you read the recent reviews.

Albufeira, Portugal
reviews: 166
5. Re: Barringtons Golf & Spa Hotel, Vale do Lobo

No Mr Trotter, I don't think there are any conspiracy theories here. This is a small place and word gets round.

London, United...
reviews: 24
6. Re: Barringtons Golf & Spa Hotel, Vale do Lobo

Barringtons has re opened with new owners.

Anyone who has had a membership will have the 'closed' time added to their member - ie: an extra month is being added.

There are plans for overall improvement to the facility.

Sussex
reviews: 7
7. Re: Barringtons Golf & Spa Hotel, Vale do Lobo

We are Royal Members and have emailed the new owners and have not even had the courtesy of a reply despite asking twice. Doesn't fill you with confidence in the new management.

8. Re: Barringtons Golf & Spa Hotel, Vale do Lobo

I am the new owner of Barringtons, or more specifically Centro Desportivo Vale Do Lobo, Lda.

We took over the hotel on 19 January, however the doors were closed and all utilities had been cut off.

We are now open, we have started a prgramme of renovation works. The hotel is beginning to look and feel ike it used to. We have attended to the Bar, Restuarant and some rooms and are currently giving McGintys a full Refurbishment.

All I can say is please come along and have a look for yourselves!

9. Re: Barringtons Golf & Spa Hotel, Vale do Lobo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:49 pm, June 16, 2013
cardiff
reviews: 9
10. Re: Barringtons Golf & Spa Hotel, Vale do Lobo

I and my wife have just arrived home from a 9 day stay at Barringtons. I read the reviews on here before we left for our break. We have been going to various accomodations in Vale do Lobo for 20+ years villa's , Dona filipa hotel etc. We stayed in room 31 at Barringtons which was brilliant. modern clean with a balcony. It was our perl wedding anniversary whilst out there and I must have mentioned this to the hotel on booking. On arrival there was a bottle of bubbly and a bowl of fresh fruit awaiting us. Nice thought indeed. I could see the place had been left to go a bit rough around the edges by the previous owners which was a shame. As 10/15 years ago Barringtons was the IN place at Vale do lobo. However whilst there I watched with interest the management and staff working tirelessly to try and get the place ship shape again. It really was nice to see management actually mucking in and working with thier staff. I actually saw the owner serving at tables one evening. I admit the staff need a little more training in some departments however if you ask for anything you get it pronto and with a smile. The staff have the potential to be stars of this business. They are striving with management aiming for the same goals. A successful and again proud Barringtons. If hard work, enthusiasm and pride are anything to go by, they wont have to many problems achieving thier ambitions. All they need is support from us the punters. Please dont be put off by silly reviews it is a nice place and improving by the day. I will definately go back. I cant say more than that really.

P.S.

I must add I have no connection with Barringtons or any other businesses connected to the management. Just a normal punter who enjoyed his time there. I hope this review will be of some help to someone in making up thier mind. Enjoy your hols. Thank You. Dave

Get answers to your questions about Almancil