We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noosa - help

Which Noosa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sutton, United...
reviews: 5
Noosa - help

We are a family of 2 adults and 3 kids 9, 14 & 16.We are going to to be in the Noosa area 17th - 19th August, and just want to chill out at the beach for a couple of days. Having been reading posts, it appears that it is super low season in Noosa at this time. I was going to book the Big4, but now wonder whether we would be able to get a bargain price on beachfront accomodation, when we arrive, and whether anyone can recommend a good place ~(agent) to book it. Also, we want to try surfing lessons, so would welcome any recommendations on best operators, and whether we would be able to get a cheap deal for a group of 5 at this time of year. Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
reviews: 89
1. Re: Noosa - help

You might be lucky for three nights, try accomnoosa.

Surfing lessons are cheap enough and you will find them just near the groyne on the main beach.

Mooloolaba Australia
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
reviews: 62
2. Re: Noosa - help

Not aware of a 'super low' season at that time but if you click on to and get an update email off this site often a bargain appears.

http://www.travelzoo.com.au.

Sutton, United...
3. Re: Noosa - help

Thanks Surfoz and Mausgrass

Australia
reviews: 60
4. Re: Noosa - help

Try emailing the places direct, we did and got a better rate and a two night stay..

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 13
5. Re: Noosa - help

Louise and fam....Noosa Big 4 is hard to beat...!!...We stayed there in february at $65 per night...no air con and no ensuite which we did not mind at all....Doubt if you'll find a better deal anywhere in Noosa for the price.....However,no harm in trying...!!...We have stayed at Big 4 twice now and it is really nice and comfy and a good pool we used heaps.....Tho' you'll need a car to get around....

During August,swells are not really happening tho' you never know.....Surf lessons on Noosa main beach but you might need a wetsuit as it is the middle of winter,even in Noosa....I am pretty sure the surf school supplies springsuits and/or full length steamers to students....Just make sure the wetsuit fits you snugly but not too tight or too loose....Too tight and you can't paddle,too loose and the cold water gets in....They will advise...!!

Have fun....!

Australia
6. Re: Noosa - help

the big 4 is in tewantin and would be almost 15 minutes drive to noosa main beach where the surf lessons are based. also not much within walking distance of the big 4. try the noosa tourist info centre for recommendations www.visitnoosa.com.au as they should know of any deals during those dates.

Mooloolaba Australia
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
reviews: 62
7. Re: Noosa - help

Noosa info centre just voted best in Queensland.....so that makes it the best in Oz

uk
reviews: 4
8. Re: Noosa - help

noosa is so beautiful and expensive. Be careful of parking restrictions and ask a local if you see no signs. If you park front end to the curb this is an offence and u will be stung 60 bucks. We stayed in coolum at seacoast resort check it out on tripadvisor and its well located. Have a lovely time whatever you decide!

Edited: 6:29 am, April 13, 2011
Noosa, Australia
reviews: 71
9. Re: Noosa - help

I would just like to clarify- not all parking is 'rear end first'. There are designated areas where yes, you do have to reverse in, but certainly not all the parking is like this.

Can I ask exactly what about Noosa you thought was expensive? I came to the UK last month and thought it was expensive (food, clothes, accommodation, public transport), so for me, Noosa is quite cheap!

Stelle

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 67
10. Re: Noosa - help

Yes, highly likely you might get something wonderful AND waterfront....

Our favourite booking agents are www.dowlingneylan.com.au but there is also www.lagunaholidays.com.au and many others....

We also have 3 older children and had stayed at many great places but probably the standouts have been Las RIas, Driftwood and number of private townhouses / villas in Noosavile that can be found through the agents....