We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Noosa

Which Noosa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland, New...
reviews: 33
Just back from Noosa

What a lovely spot. We had 3 days (2 nights) here, not long enough at all, but we had been up the coast a bit further at Hervey Bay with relatives for a couple of days prior so 3 days was all we had but it made for a nice short break.

We stayed at the Sheraton. Yes it’s a bit dated, but you absolutely cannot beat the location. Fabulous. It has an excellent pool and as far as I am concerned a holiday is just not a holiday without a swim up bar. :-) Obviously the Sheraton is expensive and in some areas I think it is just downright extortion! Paying $15 a night for parking is a shocker. We didn’t eat at the Sheraton at all. I found Catos' to be quite soulless really. The bar that fronts on to Hastings St, is a great location, but it just didn’t have the "it" factor.

Noosa itself is an expensive little place. I'm sure you can find cheap places to eat, but we wanted to go to nice places and didn’t really mind indulging a bit.

We had breakfast at Berardo's Bistro beachside one morning and the next morning at Bistro C right next door. Both were great. My preference is Berardo's because it feels lighter and airier. A big breakfast at both was around $20 AUD.

We dined one night at Lindoni's. I have to say that this place is lovely. Very romantic, very busy too. We could not fault a single thing… the food was beautiful, the service charming and attentive and extremely professional - we hardly ever tip but we did here, that was how good we thought everything was!. The flourless chocolate pudding was quite frankly, the loveliest thing ever. We indulged in 2 glasses of French champagne, bruschetta to share, a main course each with a glass of wine each, and a dessert to share with a glass of dessert wine. I'm having a memory loss if we had a coffee or not, but the total bill came to about $210AUD. Quite pricey, but it was a special and memorable evening.

We dined at Rococo the next night, also very romantic. They had a musician playing that night (perhaps he plays most nights??), very talented I must say, he played the piano, guitar, sax and sang. Very chilled out. I cannot remember how much we paid overall here, but it was very expensive, I think the lamb I had was $42AUD which is extremely pricey. It was good, but I don’t think it really justified the price. As I said though, we didn’t mind indulging.

The weather was perfect (apart from some rain on the day we arrived but we had already done some sunbathing further north so weren’t too worried).

There are lots of shops to look at in Noosa, unfortunately I never really had time which is a shame, but for those who want to indulge in beach/pool/shopping this is the place to go!

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 58
1. Re: Just back from Noosa

thanks for your feedback starrfire, sounds like you had a lovely time.

As you have found Noosa really is something special and always a bit of a surprise to the naystayers who expect it be some trashy overrun tourist strip. It is a credit to the traders and the locals that it has managed to maintain a relaxed village feel with a lot of character, after all these years.

There are a lot of great inexpensive places, particularly around Noosaville and the Sound & Junction so hopefully next time you will have more time to discover them. Unfortunately with the rents on Hastings street now being the secone highest in the world !!( after Rodeo drive) the vendors have to charge accordingly. In fact given what their overheads are its amazing their prices aren't much,much higher.

thanks again for sharing

:-)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
reviews: 498
2. Re: Just back from Noosa

What a lovely Trip Report starrfire and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in Noosa. We also always stay at the Sheraton when visiting and we love it too - as you mentioned the location is absolutely perfect.

You have also mentioned some of my favourite restaurants - we really love Lindoni's too and always make sure we indulge at least once when visiting Noosa, its such a traditional Italian restaurant with fab service.

Thanks for sharing,

EM.

Mooloolaba Australia
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
reviews: 50
3. Re: Just back from Noosa

Yes i am a visitor as well on occasions here.....even tho living on the Sunshine Coast but i find Noosa good value and sometimes cheaper than the mooloolaba end. .....must admit would not consider a 'Hotel' per say when there are so many good Units right on the water.

I agree with 40s we must make sure that visitors are aware of the river value of Noosaville which really is far better value, a lot more laid back and one can stumble about with alacrity without arresting the wallet.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
reviews: 82
4. Re: Just back from Noosa

Yes Noosa can be expensive, how much did you say? lol

Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Foodwise, I have a gripe, the wonderful deli behind Aromas is now a convenience store... tragic!

Thanks for your review which I think others will find very helpful.

5. Re: Just back from Noosa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, November 03, 2010