We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noosaville - advice on changes in restaurant scene, please

Which Noosa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island
reviews: 160
Noosaville - advice on changes in restaurant scene, please

Hi guys

Will be in Noosaville for the 6th time in just over a week. One of our favourite pastimes is eating out in the evening and being able to walk and not worry about drink/driving. So I thought I'd try to update myself a little before I get there.

Since I was there 2 years ago, I think Ottoman, Pilu and Roberto's have closed? Any others that you know of?

Riverhouse has changed hands. For better or worse?

I read that there a couple of new hamburger bars in Thomas Street and a new tapas bar called IS (which I think must be where Ottoman was). Think there must be others.

Would be very grateful for any comments on new restaurants and changes (for better or worse) on existing ones.

My taste buds are watering already!

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island
1. Re: Noosaville - advice on changes in restaurant scene, please

Have just seen a review of Milagro in Thomas Street in the Weekender and then found its website. The menu looks great and it's BYO. Has anyone tried this one?

Mooloolaba Australia
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
reviews: 62
2. Re: Noosaville - advice on changes in restaurant scene, please

On the ball lilibet.....I was answering to alert you to this and was going to go on Sunday if I can shake the impending hangover.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island
3. Re: Noosaville - advice on changes in restaurant scene, please

Hi - thanks for the reply.

I really hope your possible hangover won't stop you visiting on Sunday. Look forward to hearing what you thought of it. It certainly looks interesting food.

Mooloolaba Australia
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
reviews: 62
4. Re: Noosaville - advice on changes in restaurant scene, please

Sorry lilibet.....the car had a sleepover and the head was not in RID shape so did not make the taste test.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island
5. Re: Noosaville - advice on changes in restaurant scene, please

No problem, mausgrass. Hope the car and your head are better now!

Shall be trying Milagro anyway, so will post a review when I get back.

As per usual, I'll be landing in Qld on a public holiday with the surcharges. I used to moan like hell, but then NZ adopted the same system.

If anyone else has any restaurants recommendations before I leave on Sunday, would be interested to hear them.

In particular, has the Riverhouse changed and is it still worth the money?

Sunshine Coast
6. Re: Noosaville - advice on changes in restaurant scene, please

Yes I have tried Milagro 1000 times!

It is amazing food with awesome service.

Go there on a Wednesday night -live music and DONT forget to leave room for dessert!

7. Re: Noosaville - advice on changes in restaurant scene, please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, October 26, 2010