We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mooloolaba verses Caloundra?

Which Mooloolaba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
reviews: 3
Mooloolaba verses Caloundra?

I have not been to either of these places and are unsure upon deciding on which place to stay. We have young children, would like a clean, froendly environment with nice pool. What is the Ocean Vista like? Would be greateful for any replies!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
reviews: 91
1. Re: Mooloolaba verses Caloundra?

Both Caloundra and Mooloolaba offer good family beaches, sorry I haven;t stayed at ocean vista, hope someone can help with that.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 42
2. Re: Mooloolaba verses Caloundra?

From a visitors point of view, I much prefer Mooloolaba but it is more about the surf beaches for me. My boys were also good in the surf, so the surf wasn't too much of a concern re. safety. I also like the beachfront from Maroochy down to Mooloolaba for running, walking and general overview of the ocean. With young kids though you will have to be a little more careful with choices if you are going to the beach a bit. Even though the Mooloolaba beach can have the quiet side going around to the spit, it is still a surf beach and can get some quite difficult shore breaks, even in small surf.

Caloundra on the other hand has many more young children friendly beaches, from Kings Beach (small surf) around to the many protected, sheltered beaches. If I remember right, Kings Beach also has the sea pool but I have never been in it...maybe locals can clarify what that is like.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
reviews: 91
3. Re: Mooloolaba verses Caloundra?

Speaking of Kings Beach and being right on it, check out Rolling Surf resort, my sister had a ground floor unit which opened out to the beach via a large sliding gate, her kids love it there.

Queensland
4. Re: Mooloolaba verses Caloundra?

I live at Caloundra and would certainly recommend Kings Beach in preference to Mooloolaba for kids. It has a brand new beautiful FREE pool opened right on the beach (very stylish) and a park with fountains for the kids to play in right behind the sand dunes. The whole beach has been planned with families in mind. You can take a short walk to Happy Vally (another great park for kids with playground equipment) and Bulcock Beach via the boardwalk. Carols By Candlelight is held evry year in the amphitheatre directly behind Kngs bEach - a great night for all. Mooloolaba is probably better for teenagers with a more cosmopoltan feel about. I am not knocking Mooloolaba as I believe both beaches are great. You can't beat the Sunshine Coast. Have a great holiday and don't forget the sunscreen.

Sunny Queensland...
reviews: 51
5. Re: Mooloolaba verses Caloundra?

With young children Caloundra is probably the better bet.The sea pool at Kings beach has been completely rebuilt and is great-it is emptied Mondays and Fridays.There are now also a good collection of restaurants at Kings beach now.

Mooloolaba is a more lively place with more restaurants and activities and certainly young children can have a great time there as well but more for the older child.

Dont forget Austalia zoo where not only do they have the crocodile shows but very friendly kangaroos that are used to the often vigorous petting that young children are good at.My 3 year old grandson loves the place.

6. Re: Mooloolaba verses Caloundra?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, August 29, 2009