We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caloundra; family holiday.

Which Caloundra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NZ
reviews: 57
Caloundra; family holiday.

We are looking at taking our 3 children (10, 7 and 3) to Caloundra in August. I have been browsing a few sites and reading reviews and forums on here too but would be interested in any opinions. I really like the look of Raintrees on Moffat - it seems to have everything we want - but I'm wondering whether we would want to be on Kings Beach as that seems to be where all the action is! Is Moffat Beach far from Kings Beach? We are also looking at Rolling Surf as an alternative.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
reviews: 142
11. Re: Caloundra; family holiday.

I'll second Kings

My kids even now i have a teenager and at the time 10yo love the waterplay area...when the wind blows they are fine for water play provided you have cuddly towel ready! LOL watching 2, 14 yo frolick in the fountains. OK I had an extra with us : ))) They all went swimming in the surf first

Bulcock is an easy walk around the "promenade" and in IMHO I'd rather stay on Kings and walk to Bulcock....Rolling Surf would be a perfexc choice..sit on the balcony and watch the kids play on the sand...

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
reviews: 89
12. Re: Caloundra; family holiday.

Not sure about Casablanca however my nieces and nephews love the Rolling Surf resort.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 74
13. Re: Caloundra; family holiday.

We have stayted at Casablanca. They are nice two bedroom apartments accross the road from the park and Kings beach. They are not 5 star by any means and apartments can vary in terms of fitout etc depending on the owners. We stayed in an apartment on the top floor, the beds were comfortable, the kitchen was well equipped, I remember the plastic kitchen bin didn't have a lid which was annoying rather than a big issue. The pool at Casablanca is extremely well maintained and heated. The Managers are very nice and will go out of their way to help you, talk to them about what you want and they can probably recommend the best apartment option. Kings Beach is a busy area, we have experienced noise at night in terms of parties in the park, functions etc both times we have stayed there, once in 2006 and once last weekend. August, however, should be a quieter time so this may not be an issue. Your kids will love the many playgrounds and there is a fun harness trampolene ($10 a go). We generally prefer apartments right on the beach i.e. no road, no park in front that provide wonderful beach and water views - I'm not familar with any options in Calundra that are like this except some around at Golden Beach. Of course these are usually more expensive. Hope this helps.

14. Re: Caloundra; family holiday.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 31, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Caloundra