We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airlie Beach diving vs. Cairns diving

Which Airlie Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
reviews: 2
Airlie Beach diving vs. Cairns diving

I'm looking to take a trip to Aussie in November. I want to do two days of diving and then a day of probably kayaking/snorkelling before I fly out. I'm wondering if the diving around the Whitsundays will be as good as the reef off of Cairns. I'll be getting certified before I go so I want to get the best experience possible. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

1. Re: Airlie Beach diving vs. Cairns diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:11 am, March 27, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 56
2. Re: Airlie Beach diving vs. Cairns diving

IMHO, I think the diving is slightly better off Cairns, but it's all a matter of opinion. It sounds like you would like everything at your fingertips though, so the islands of the Whitsundays would probably serve you better. Most of the islands will offer accommodation and watersports within easy reach.

australia
3. Re: Airlie Beach diving vs. Cairns diving

hi,

we did our diving certificate on heron island.It is a fantastic spot for diving because you are right on the reef.The island is not luxiourous or is the accomodation but the diving is out of this world and right on your door step.

vicki nsw australia

4. Re: Airlie Beach diving vs. Cairns diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, August 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Airlie Beach