We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whitsunday sailing recommendation & luggage question

Which Airlie Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stamford...
reviews: 15
Whitsunday sailing recommendation & luggage question

Looking for a 2 night sailing trip for 2 single gals, 30s at end of March/early April. Looking to avoid the crazy party boats, but still want to have fun and hopefully not end up all couples. Mid range price would be good, can possibly go a bit higher, but not total top end.

On another note, I understand the space will be tight on the boat, but we'll have 2 weeks worth of luggage.. is there somewhere we can leave our bigger suitcases while we're on board so we can just bring a smaller bag? Lockers or anything on the mainland?

One last question.. what airport would we fly into for Whitsunday sailing trips? or is it driveable from Cairns?

Prince George
reviews: 1
11. Re: Whitsunday sailing recommendation & luggage question

Hi CaboGirl,

My wife and I just did Whitsunday Blue - amazing trip!! Talk with Keith at Whitsunday Sailing Adventures - tours@adventurecats.com. Our experience was fantastic - quiet, fun, educational, professional - well worth it - great people, great boat!!

Good Luck,

Dan and Megs

Stamford...
reviews: 15
12. Re: Whitsunday sailing recommendation & luggage question

Thanks everyone! we booked On Ice. Will let you know how it is!

Weybridge
reviews: 1
13. Re: Whitsunday sailing recommendation & luggage question

Hi all,

Please be warned that is the weather is poor then the sailing will be a disappointment and you will not be warned about the poor experience you will receive.

We went on the Solway Lass as part of our honeymoon in April and the weather had been poor the week leading up to our sailing and was forecast to stay that way for the rest of the week. We called a day before departure to check we would be able to still sail out and they informed us they would be sailing. We spent 2 out of 3 nights moored in a harbour, and the other in a sheltered bay. We snorkelled for a total of 4 hours in 3 days and sailed for only 3 hours. During this whole trip we were never given the opportunity to decide as a group what we wished to do considering the weather, we would have preferred to go back to Airlie and cancel the trip.

Instead Explore Whitsundays took our money for a trip which should just have been cancelled before departure. Evidently we were the last trip out for the next few days because of the weather. I have expressed my feedback to the company and have yet to have even an apology for the poor way it was handled. As a group we understood the weather is uncontrollable however, it is forecast and giving their guests options would have been nice.

14. Re: Whitsunday sailing recommendation & luggage question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 12, 2012