We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fun rentals

Which Airlie Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
benalla
reviews: 3
fun rentals

Has anyone else had a bad experience with fun rentals at Airlie Beach

Whitsunday Islands
1. Re: fun rentals

Hey bensonbenalla,

There are a few car rentals in Airlie beach, one Fun Rentals (which can be a bit expensive over a few days) another We Do Cars (also known as We Do Scooters), Avis, Hertz, Eurocar and Airlie Beach Budget Auto's. if you did live or stay in the out skirts of Airlie then another option would be Tropic Truck and Ute Rental in Cannonvale.

To answer your question as a local I have never heard bad feedback on any of the above mentioned company's from someone that deals with tourists.

I hope this helps;)

benalla
2. Re: fun rentals

We returned from Airlie Beach on the third of July where we hired a car from Fun Rentals for two weeks. At the time of hiring the car we went over the car with their employee to look at any previous damage, we pointed out to her that there was a dint in the back hatch door, and she said thats fine we know about that. However when we took the car back she denied this and didn't want to know us. The day we dropped the car off was the last day of our holiday and about two hours after dropping the car off they rang us to say the damage was around $1000, to say this put a dampener on the holiday would be an understatement. When we got home we wrote a letter to the owner of Fun Rentals explaining what had happened, and we would stand up in any court and tell our story, to this day still no reply. The most likely reason for all this that we can think of is the damage was missed after a previuos customer, and we are the next suckers to come along. We don't even know if the car was fixed with our $1000 or if the same thing will happen to another couple to ruin their holiday as well.

benalla
3. Re: fun rentals

It is now the 2nd of September and even after a phone call to fun Rentals asking to speak to the owner on the 23rd of August, and being told he would ring back next time he is in the office, guess what? still no contact. What happened to our $1000 dollars that ruined our holiday to Airlie Beach fun rentals? did you even fix the car or are you still having a laugh at our expense? NOT HAPPY

benalla
4. Re: fun rentals

We have just rung the ownwer of FUN RENTALS or as they are now known FAR FROM FUN RIPOFFS, and could not believe his response. He first told us how he has been to busy to respond us, then, and can anyone believe this from a business man were told very bluntly " we are not his number one priorty ". I thought the customer is always the number one priorty. He has our money and that's clearly all that counts are far as he is concerned. I would like to warn anyone who is thinking about using this mob think again.

Whitsunday Islands
5. Re: fun rentals

Why not call your bank and dispute the credit card charge as you are stating that it is a fraudulant transaction? This should make him think that it is an urgent issue, he then can challenge it with the banks and waste his time and not yours..

benalla
6. Re: fun rentals

Great idea, thankyou.

airliebeach
reviews: 2
7. Re: fun rentals

Hi there,

I am a local can you tell me the registration of the car and I will see if I can see if there is still damage on the vehicle for you. Can you explain exactly the damage and where on the vehicle. I don't mind. As a local I am very disappointed that you have left our area with a bad taste.

Edited: 5:44 am, September 14, 2010
benalla
8. Re: fun rentals

The car was a yellow jazz registration no 084 MVE thats for that, nice to know someone up there cares. The damage was on the back of the hatch door just underneath the emblem of the car.

Edited: 5:13 am, September 16, 2010
airliebeach
reviews: 2
9. Re: fun rentals

Hi Benson Benalla,

I am on to that. I will write again when I have news.

benalla
10. Re: fun rentals

Good work