We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Cove or Port Douglas with young teenagers?

Which Palm Cove hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
reviews: 1
Palm Cove or Port Douglas with young teenagers?

We are taking our two teenage girls (13yrs and 15yrs) on holidays in September but are undecided as to whether Palm Cove or Port Douglas would be better suited for them. We won't be dining at expensive restuarants so would be wanting cafes and take aways nearby. Would people recommend Port Douglas or Palm Cove?

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Pefkos, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
reviews: 98
1. Re: Palm Cove or Port Douglas with young teenagers?

Hi,

I think i would go for Port Douglas as Palm Cove is really only very small i loved the place but P.D is much bigger and you would have cheaper take away options there.I had take aways in P.C but they were not much cheaper than eating in the restaurant.In P.D you will be spoilt for choice.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 25
2. Re: Palm Cove or Port Douglas with young teenagers?

I would say Port Douglas rather than Palm Cove as there is very little for them to do in Palm Cove besides beach or lying around pool. In Port Douglas they can go shopping, lots more cafes to choose from, more activities. You can hire bikes in PD and ride along the sand.

Cairns, Australia
reviews: 2
3. Re: Palm Cove or Port Douglas with young teenagers?

Yes port douglas has more than palm cove to offer, palm cove is more of a stay in your resort hotel, walk the beach, eat at resturaunts type of place.

4. Re: Palm Cove or Port Douglas with young teenagers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 20, 2009