We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Cove - Stop off/view points?

Which Palm Cove hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yateley, United...
reviews: 48
Palm Cove - Stop off/view points?

Hiya,

We will be travelling from Cairns Airport up to our accomodation in Port Douglas, we will have a hire car and will be travelling along Captain Cook Highway.

Just wondering if there are any stop off or view points at Palm Cove as I thought it would be nice to stop off for a few photos and a quick pitt stop etc as we will be passing right by a place I've heard great things about.

Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 4
1. Re: Palm Cove - Stop off/view points?

If I were you I would just drive down to the Esplanade, park the car and have a lovely lunch at Vivo's, Angsana or Reef House and just enjoy the wonderful view over the gorgeous beach.

Cairns, Australia
reviews: 11
2. Re: Palm Cove - Stop off/view points?

Lovely pit stop, previous poster great idea..have a nice lunch and stroll. It is only small oceanfront suburb, not really any lookout per se. Very nice.

Then just a little further north there is a major photo stop, along the coastline.

Townsville...
reviews: 38
3. Re: Palm Cove - Stop off/view points?

We stopped at Palm Cove on our way to Port Douglas, Palm Cove is by far our favourite. I agree with the others, park the car and go have some lunch. It is a lovely area.

Further up the coast (if I'm remembering correctly) is Rex Lookout. This is the place to stop for some photos.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Cairns, Palm Cove
reviews: 28
4. Re: Palm Cove - Stop off/view points?

The first poster is spot on. Park on the esplanade and find yourself a cafe. Vivo is really good. Maybe stretch your legs after lunch be strolling along the beach and jetty before heading back to the car and driving to PD.

5. Re: Palm Cove - Stop off/view points?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, October 21, 2009