We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hospital near GBP el Portillo?

Which Las Terrenas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
winnipeg
reviews: 12
Hospital near GBP el Portillo?

We're considering this resort for our summer holiday and wanted to know if there are medical facilities nearby. Our son has a peanut allergy.

8 replies to this topic
Toronto
reviews: 8
1. Re: Hospital near GBP el Portillo?

There is a Doctor on staff at the Hotel. There is also a 24hr Emergency clinic in town a few minutes away. Although I would like to hear of anyone that has needed emergency assistance. Does it actually work ?

england
reviews: 59
2. Re: Hospital near GBP el Portillo?

My hubby was ill first trip to Cayo and the live in doctor was great - gave him a very thorough check up and the hotel staff collected his meds from the mainland - he had them within two hours. The doctor then completed the 'fit to fly' paperwork for us and liaised with our medical insurers faxing the paperwork to them direct so all we needed to do when we got home was send off the bills. We settled direct in resort I think the whole bill was less than £80. Fortunately did not need to visit the emergency clinic on the mainland and by the way the doctor spoke fluent english

winnipeg
3. Re: Hospital near GBP el Portillo?

Can anyone confirm that there is a 24-hour clinic close by that would be able to treat a serious allergic reaction. We always travel with several epi pens and have never had to use them;however, we don't want to leave anything to chane.

winnipeg
4. Re: Hospital near GBP el Portillo?

Can anyone confirm that there is a 24-hour clinic close by that would be able to treat a serious allergic reaction. We always travel with several epi pens and have never had to use them;however, we don't want to leave anything to chance.

Mississauga, Canada
reviews: 14
5. Re: Hospital near GBP el Portillo?

Hospital Las Terrenas : 1 809 240 6474

From GP EL Portillo a taxi ride is about 10 minutes to town. There is a doctor at EL P, but we've never used the service, can't comment on when he's available etc.

Maybe if you emailed the hotel directly they could advise you.

Safe travels,

Carol s

Toronto
reviews: 8
6. Re: Hospital near GBP el Portillo?

What about that new Clinic at the top of town that was being built. Does anyone know if / when that is going to open ? In January it looked like the building was almost completed.

Halifax, Canada
7. Re: Hospital near GBP el Portillo?

Wondering how your experience was re the allergy...we are headed there in April and my daughter has a life threatening peanut allergy, My husband and I were there last year so I am familiar with the resort. It will be her first visit...any tips?

Las Terrenas...
reviews: 11
8. Re: Hospital near GBP el Portillo?

Full hospital now open in LT, operating block, x rays everything. Biggest of the whole North Coast, really nice :)

One love

Rachel Reef & Terry

Reply to: Hospital near GBP el Portillo?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted