We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants with lobsters

Which Las Terrenas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lisbon, Portugal
reviews: 4
Restaurants with lobsters

We are going to GBP El Portillo in May and we would like to know where to eat lobsters. Any information would be very much appreciated (I believe the hotel doesn´t have it...)

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
reviews: 84
1. Re: Restaurants with lobsters

You might find them scarce as there is now a ban on "fishing" lobsters till the end of May.

BObK

Lisbon, Portugal
2. Re: Restaurants with lobsters

oh... lucky me =P

thanks

Santa Barbara de...
reviews: 78
3. Re: Restaurants with lobsters

Take an excursion to Playa Rincon and you will find them available at the restaurants there for sure.

Edmonton
reviews: 5
4. Re: Restaurants with lobsters

Wife and I had a lobster dinner at Playa Rincon a few years back, it was one of the highlights of all our trips to the DR so far.

Lisbon,Portugal
reviews: 48
5. Re: Restaurants with lobsters

Cristina - Almost 90% of the lobsters you will eat in resorts on DR are imported and deepfrozen... It's the only way for them to have it... GBP El Portillo have them in the buffet once a week for dinner.

To have one of the 10% real Dominican lobster, the best place, like others said, is at Playa Rincon. Go by cab or in a an excursion.

Lisbon, Portugal
6. Re: Restaurants with lobsters

thank you very much for all your information, I will consider it.

Las Terrenas...
reviews: 11
7. Re: Restaurants with lobsters

Our 2 cents worth,

Chez Luis in Coson, and El Thalassa in Las Terrenas

One love...

Rachel and Terry

Lisbon, Portugal
8. Re: Restaurants with lobsters

thank you,

although I must say I find it strange that people are visiting a foreign country and enjoying home food. I believe french restaurants or french fries and burgers can be very nice but I would prefer local food and tastes... unfortunatly I'm not finding much choices, besides that 'Luis Restaurant' ... which looks like a very simple but trusty and genuine place for good seafood, near by and besides Rincon of course (althought I'm still afraid of traveling diseases :s).

Edited: 9:25 am, March 31, 2012
9. Re: Restaurants with lobsters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:42 pm, June 19, 2013