We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting A Vehicle - Darwin or Kakadu ??

Which Kakadu National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
reviews: 45
Renting A Vehicle - Darwin or Kakadu ??

Hi! Planning a trip from Orlando, FL back to Australia most likely in March (yes I am aware of the weather) :) ... We are trying to decide if it is better to rent a vehicle in Darwin and drive to Kakadu, using that vehicle in the park or is it better to take a shuttle from Darwin to Kakadu and rent a vehicle near the park to use while we are there.

The different factors would be if we needed a 4-wheel drive in Kakadu and the availability & more reasonable price of those in either Darwin or Kakadu.

Also, we will probably be staying the night in Darwin and leaving for Kakadu in the morning, if we did decide to rent a vehicle near Kakadu, where in Darwin would we find transport/shuttle to the the park and any idea of the approximate price?

One last question, are all the vehicles that could be driven within the park, manual transmission only?

Any info anyone can give me will be so greatly appreciated!!! - Jodi

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 45
11. Re: Renting A Vehicle - Darwin or Kakadu ??

Thanks again, LsBob!! You are so helpful! I should buy you guys a beer when we get up there!

I read that link...very good to know :) I'll look into it, I am still leaning towards doing it on our own, especially if we don't have to worry so much about mileage.

I don't think I could be more informed without having done it myself, so I really appreciate it!!

Jodi

12. Re: Renting A Vehicle - Darwin or Kakadu ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, July 26, 2010