We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for Outback Seeker

Which Kakadu National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Advice for Outback Seeker

hello again wonderful ta experts

my summer trip is almost planned and includes

sydney 3 days

hobart 8 days

kangaroo is. 3 days

perth 2 days

monkey mia 2 days

coral bay 3 days

exmouth 2 days

now, here's my problem I have to decide on which one 1 outback experience I want to add.

I have been through all of the US south west and other countries and I have seen tons of gorges, waterfalls, awesome rock formations et. and have read about all the wonders of the au. outback.

I am hoping that I can find someone who had experienced all three of my possible choices I list below who can provide me with the words of wisdom that I need to make up my mind.

I am looking for the kind of mindblowing experience that will forever stick in my mind and gut----memorable in terms of adventure, nature, uniqueness, and variety of activity and scenery.

I have narrowed it down to 3 possibilities.

Darwin & Kakadu(maybe including katherine gorge) 7- 8 days

Alice and Uluru 5 days

Driving the Gibb Road through the Kimberly. 8 days.

Or something I have have not thought of yet.

Thank You!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt
reviews: 37
11. Re: Advice for Outback Seeker

I can totally recommend the Gibb River Road trip, by far the best holiday I've ever had in Australia. I'm not a 4WD/camping person but for us it was the trip of a lifetime. I also enjoyed my trip to Darwin/Kakadu this year but the Kimberley is breathtaking imo and I wouldn't miss it.

12. Re: Advice for Outback Seeker

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, October 14, 2009