We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Nelson Winery with 1 year old and Nelson Jazz Festival

Which Nelson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
aberystwyth
reviews: 7
Best Nelson Winery with 1 year old and Nelson Jazz Festival

Hi We are staying in Nelson on 3rd 4th and 5th of Jan 2013 and want to find out which winery is the best for an afternoon indulgence with a one year old in tow (Best food, scenery etc). Also is the Nelson Jazz festival on this year around the same dates?

Nelson, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
reviews: 45
1. Re: Best Nelson Winery with 1 year old and Nelson Jazz Festival

I don't know that the event has been fully announced yet, though it seems to be Jan 1st - 5th http://www.nelsonjazzfest.co.nz/

As I haven't visited all the possible vineyards I can't make a recommendation, sorry.

I do know the afternoon jazz and blues concert in Fairfield Park used to be a popular family outing but last year ticket prices were raised significantly and there were far fewer attending - there might be changes made this year.

best of luck :)

Dunedin, New Zealand
reviews: 4
2. Re: Best Nelson Winery with 1 year old and Nelson Jazz Festival

Worth also considering that the Nelson region is a hotspot for the best craft beer breweries in New Zealand. There are a number of award winning breweries in this region.

Mussel Inn over in Golden Bay, Monkey Wizard in Riwaka, Golden Bear in Mapua, Townsend and Moutere in Upper Moutere. Founders, Bays, McCashins, and Sprig & Fern in Nelson. As well as a few more smaller operators.

Many of them provide brewery tastings and tours. Well worth visiting. A very diverse range of great beers at international standards.

3. Re: Best Nelson Winery with 1 year old and Nelson Jazz Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:46 am, July 14, 2013