We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Fraser Island from Hervey Bay

Which Hervey Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Day trip to Fraser Island from Hervey Bay

Hey everyone!

I'd really like some advice on who the best tour operator is to go from Hervey Bay on a day tour of Fraser Island? I know that from lots of the postings here people suggest a longer tour, but unfortunately we cant fit that into our schedule, so any good day tour recommendations would be really appreciated. Ideally we'd like to go in a small(ish) group to get the most out of the day

Thanks!

Hervey Bay...
1. Re: Day trip to Fraser Island from Hervey Bay

Hi Ginger,

Small group size on the 1 day makes a huge difference...

The best small tours are Fraser Island Company Exclusive Tour... or Fraser Experience Hummer Tour...

Rob

canterbury
2. Re: Day trip to Fraser Island from Hervey Bay

Went to Fraser Island on a day trip couple of years ago. Smallish 4wd coach, possibly 20 max. Day is OK if you want to see sand, sand and sand. Shortish walk through beautiful bush, about half an hour at a lake and probably an hour, hour and a half for lunch at one of the resorts. They also hook up with a scenic flight tour and you are subjected to the hard sell once you are in the coach. Not convinced I would go again, but it is an experience to be driven along sand roads with no passing areas!

Also lot of time wasted at the terminus at the beginning - getting people to pay etc if they hadn't already done so. As I say this was a couple of years back but their organisation was pathetic.

3. Re: Day trip to Fraser Island from Hervey Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 13, 2010