We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip in July- WIll whale watching & dolphin swimmign be open

Which Kaikoura hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
reviews: 9
Trip in July- WIll whale watching & dolphin swimmign be open

I am planning a trip in July'13 from India to NZ. I want to know 2 things:

1) What are the chances of cancellation of the whale watching tour due to winter.weather related reasons in July?

2) Also, is swimmign with dolphins open in July?

These are 2 things that I really want to do and I am looking forward to a reply so that I can decide if I want to make this trip to NZ or not.

Thanks!!

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 80
1. Re: Trip in July- WIll whale watching & dolphin swimmign be open

HI there

Whale Watch Kaikoura have a Face Book page wich they update daily, if you join it you can look through their old posts and get an idea of how often cancellations where last July :)

reviews: 8
2. Re: Trip in July- WIll whale watching & dolphin swimmign be open

Kia ora, whale watch Kaikoura operates all year round being able to view sperm whales off the coastline year round. During the months of June, July, August is also the annual migration of humpback whales so at times can see them the tours during that time of the year. Whale watch has a 95% success rate in sighting whales and if not they refund 80% of your money back.... Have fun!

reviews: 8
3. Re: Trip in July- WIll whale watching & dolphin swimmign be open

Also dolphin encounter operates all year round to. Beautiful (but cold) time of the year to visit our beautiful town. Happy planning!

New Delhi, India
reviews: 9
4. Re: Trip in July- WIll whale watching & dolphin swimmign be open

Thanks a ton! Gives me some encouragement to go ahead and plan my trip:)

Most people kept telling me all the good activities like whale watchin & sky diving dont oeprate or get cancelled in July.

Christchurch, New...
5. Re: Trip in July- WIll whale watching & dolphin swimmign be open

Hi there, July is a stunning time of year to visit Kaikoura. They have some beautiful crisp clear winters days. The best way to experience Kaikoura and its many natural wonders, is with Kaikoura Helicopters. It is a very personal experience, which provides the best possible view of the Sperm Whales. They see whales 98% of the time. If weather conditions aren't the best on the day they will reschedule your flight. Ask about the Top n Tail flight. We loved landing on a snowy mountain top, and within minutes we were looking at a whale from head to tail. Happy travels:)

6. Re: Trip in July- WIll whale watching & dolphin swimmign be open

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 03, 2014