We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving between Margaret River & Busselton/Dunsborough

Which Margaret River hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 75
Driving between Margaret River & Busselton/Dunsborough

Hi all

I'm looking forward to my trip in early Dec to the South West and am doing the planning now. I've been to the region couple of times, always based in Margaret River for 2-3 nights. This time, I'm thinking of basing in Busselton/Dunsborough and doing day trips to Margaret River region.

I'm just wondering if it would be too difficult to drive back to Busselton/Dunsborough from Margaret River after dinner, ie. pitch dark with no street lights on the way back?

Singapore
reviews: 75
11. Re: Driving between Margaret River & Busselton/Dunsborough

Thanks so much for the information, AJ, definitely going to be helpful in my decision making and when I discuss the accommodation plans with the other family we're travelling with.

Instead of staying a night in Busselton/Dunsborough area on the day we arrive, I'll be now considering Mandurah. Driving all the way to Margaret River may be a bit too tiring, especially for the kids. I always find Mandurah a place with a special charm, and of course I can't possible miss the pies at Miami Bakehouse. The last time we visited the South West, we stopped at Bunbury & it happened to be a Sunday, the whole town was so "dead" when we arrived late afternoon. Do let me know if I'm wrong.

Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
reviews: 5
12. Re: Driving between Margaret River & Busselton/Dunsborough

I agree with your comment about Bunbury. The best part of Bunbury is the by-pass IMO :))

Entirely your choice of course where you want to stop and how long you want to take getting there. Its refreshing to see someone taking their time and pacing their visit instead of rushing around trying to do everything which unfortunately is the way many visitors plan their days here.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 44
13. Re: Driving between Margaret River & Busselton/Dunsborough

Thanks to all who posted the restaurants available for dinner in MR.

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
14. Re: Driving between Margaret River & Busselton/Dunsborough

<<The best part of Bunbury is the by-pass IMO :))>>

Actually the best part is Mash Brewery on the Marlston waterfront - great view, nice food and the beer's not bad! A 'must do' whenever we country bumpkins go to the 'big smoke'.........

15. Re: Driving between Margaret River & Busselton/Dunsborough

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, June 21, 2013