We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which tours - for a pregnant woman who can't drink !!??

Which Margaret River hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
reviews: 32
Which tours - for a pregnant woman who can't drink !!??

Hi

I'm just trying to get some inspiration cause I'm very sad that I can't drink on my next trip down south so winery tours are out. The bushtucker canoe trip is also out. What other tours or things can i do while in the region ?

Thanks

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
1. Re: Which tours - for a pregnant woman who can't drink !!??

There's heaps to do- chocolate, cheese, the berry farm, olive oil- have a look here for some ideas:

http://www.margaretriver.com

Perth
2. Re: Which tours - for a pregnant woman who can't drink !!??

I wouldn't suggest a particular tour as such, but hire a car and go to some of the attractions yourself - is this your first child or do you have kids in tow?

Margaret River Region is food haven too, not just wine....MR Dairy Company, MR Fudge Factory, MR Chocolate Company, MR Providore, MR Nuts and Cereals, Candy Cow, Olio Bello, The Berry Farm etc etc

Attractions such as the Maze, Mammoth Cave, Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse, Natural Olive Oil Soap Company (this is more amazing than it sounds! and has started doing their own olive oils and food etc)

If your into animals try Eagles Heritage Wildlife Centre, Yallingup Shearing Shed (I really enjoyed this one!), Metricup Bird Park, Sunflowers Animal Farm, Naturaliste Reptile Park (another fav! - some of the lizards are very amusing and you can hold a python)

Plenty to do still :-) The link YF has given is great as well, check it out.

Erica

WA Visitor Centre

Margaret River
reviews: 78
3. Re: Which tours - for a pregnant woman who can't drink !!??

The above advice is good but The Margaret River Discovery tour does a great day out.. lunch is at fraser Gallop but you don't have to drink the wine! Also Neil McCleods Margaret River Tours tare broader in interest and I think you would enjoy it! As You Like It Tours will also make sure you see what you want without the hassle of driving.

You can check these out easily.

Have fun!

Margaret River...
reviews: 33
4. Re: Which tours - for a pregnant woman who can't drink !!??

Hi there is a Heritage Tour as well of local historic sites.

MR Discovery Tours offer a great range of tours.

Gannaways has a scenery tour - no wines.....runs from Busselton area.

www.gannawayscharterservice.com.au

Lots of galleries around the region as well, the local artisians have a map of the regions craftsmens,get a copy at the local tourists bureaus.

Bellview Shell Collection in Witchcliffe rated as one of best in the world.

Beautiful walktrails around Cape Naturaliste lighhouse, great cafe at Bunkers Bay next dorr the the resort.

Cellar d"Or Cave & Lighthouse Tour - 0428 179729 includes Canal Rocks & Sugarloaf Rock.

Regards Joy

5. Re: Which tours - for a pregnant woman who can't drink !!??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, November 16, 2010