We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions from Maafushi

Which Maafushi Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Trinidad and Tobago
reviews: 5
Excursions from Maafushi

Hi all,

Is it just me or do you find that information about excursions ect from Maafushi seem to be a bit of a mystery.. I am only getting scant information on excursions and what's available and really don't want to wait till I get there to find that I have underbudgeted.

If anyone has been there recently and can share their experiences good or bad with us would be really appreciated... Where did you go? How did you get there? Was it worth it? how much did it cost?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,

Thanls

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
reviews: 76
1. Re: Excursions from Maafushi

It depends which guest house you mean - but some of the popular ones have a web site which lists activities/excursions with prices.

Not been so can't help further than that.

Trinidad and Tobago
reviews: 5
2. Re: Excursions from Maafushi

Thanks Lynphd... I have tried looking on the websites and reading the reviews.. it seems as if these excursions vary throughout the guesthouses and I traveller even mentioned that when he tried to book with another guesthouse the local authorities were summoned and he was forced to pay an inflated price..

But I guess this is the risk you take in staying on a local non resort island..

Thanks for getting back..

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
reviews: 76
3. Re: Excursions from Maafushi

I think a couple of the guest houses are more established - and have better web sites showing what excursions and activities they offer. Probably more reviews for these longer established ones. Nic, who is a forum member and a rep on Reethi Beach, said recently that guest houses are springing up on Maaf....

Fuvahmulah
reviews: 3
4. Re: Excursions from Maafushi

Yep.. White Shell is the most popular one, it's very well run but there's also Arena Lodge, Stingray Beach, Rehendi Inn (?) and Summer Villa..most are on Twitter, Facebook and managing their own websites.

Hope that's a good starting point for you,

Ledbury, United...
reviews: 22
5. Re: Excursions from Maafushi

To get there you need to take a ferry from the airport to Male. Then get across Male (by taxi should take around 15 mins) to the Villingilli ferry terminal. The ferry to Maafushi leaves once day a at 3.00 pm (except Fridays when there is NO ferry - in fact some of the guest house websites suggest no weekend end ferry too so check with them). On the return there is again only one ferry leaving Maafushi for Male at 7.30am.So you need to watch the timings of your international flight as you may need to take an extra day around Male.

Cannot help you with any personal experience - but having looked at some of the websites some of the guest houses will meet you at the airport to help with the transfer if you need this.

6. Re: Excursions from Maafushi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Maafushi Island