We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to visit

Which Ballarat hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southern United...
reviews: 41
places to visit

As part of our trip down under we will be hiring a car from melbourne and driving to Ballarat to stay with friends. Any suggestions on must see and do's whilst here.. We will be there for 3 days.

Australia
reviews: 5
1. Re: places to visit

Hi Fudge

A must see is Sovereign hill it is a major tourist attraction it is a gold mining village and it has a sound and light show at night it is very good but dress warm as it can get cold also across the street is the gold mining museum a day trip to Daylsford it has lots of mineral springs

Ballarat, Australia
reviews: 1
2. Re: places to visit

While in Ballarat you may like to visit the botanical gardens which are right next to and a part of lake wendouree. Also there is the Eureka Staockade both of these are well known tourist destinations in Ballarat and i am sure if you are visiting friends here they will be able to give you directions to all of the above places although there are plenty of signs to let youy know where to go.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
reviews: 142
3. Re: places to visit

Sound and light show at Sovereign Hill is a must....prebook well in advance if it coincides with any school hols or weekend. They have a website so if you search for Sovereign Hill you'll get all the details. It took us nearly 2 days to do Sov. Hill and the Gold Museum.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 42
4. Re: places to visit

So many places...so little time. Fudge the other posters have covered some of the great Ballarat attractions, let me offer a few outside the area. An hour south of B is Geelong, beautiful beachfront area with the restaurants on and around the pier. Not far from Geelong is Torquay, the golf course at Anglesea which has hundreds of resident kangaroos and famous surf beaches like Bells Beach. An hour or two south west are the Grampians, one of the very beautiful natural bush and walking areas in the state.

Also on the way out of the city, you can call in at Scienceworks, left at first exit over the Westgate Bridge and then head on down to Williamstown for lunch, breakfast etc for the nice feed....it only takes an hour from there to Ballarat...nearly all freeway.

Ballarat
5. Re: places to visit

I live in Ballarat and would highly recommend the Art GAllery in Lydiard Street. It has a fantastic collection and it is free!!!

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
reviews: 24
6. Re: places to visit

3 "dead" threads resurrected in 3 days...i know it's easter but c'mon LOL

Ballarat, Australia
7. Re: places to visit

If you want to see some Australian Animals, I would recommended the Ballarat Wild Park

http://www.wildlifepark.com.au/

For the last 5 years, we visit this park in Spring Time so my daughter can see and feed the baby joeys

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
reviews: 12
8. Re: places to visit

Once again, the original post is over 5 years old.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 42
9. Re: places to visit

Bad case of deja vu!!

Ballarat, Australia
10. Re: places to visit

Maybe (Topic Closed) Should be added to the subject..

I feel like I just wasted my time helping people that don't really need help.