We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Launceston Airport to Devonport

Which Launceston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 89
Launceston Airport to Devonport

Hi I am flying to Tasmania Feb 2014. I need to get from Launceston Airport to Devonport. Flights to Devonport did not work with hubby having to drop me off at airport then for him to get to Port Melbourne for Spirit of Tasmania. Does anyone know who does this or how I can go about it. I could stay in Launceston but cant seem to find a caravan park in town - plenty out of town. Hubby is coming in on the boat next morning. I would like to be in Devonport so I can see the boat come in and meet him. Regards Karen

Tasmania
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
reviews: 73
1. Re: Launceston Airport to Devonport

This old thread has the basic information: tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g255344-i1744-k…

I'm guessing that you need overnight accommodation somewhere anyway. There are some budget motels in Launceston. I'd stay there and save yourself the expense of a bus to Devonport - assuming that you arrive at Launceston in time to catch it anyway. :)

Luigi

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
reviews: 167
2. Re: Launceston Airport to Devonport

Why not rent a car, drive to Devonport after you arrive in Launceston, stay in one the motels near the terminal, drop your car of early at one of the rentals depots right next to the terminal. I know of Avis, Thrifty and Europecar are all based at both Launceston Airport and Devonport Spirit terminal.

A small car one way, with limited insurance will cost you around $80.

Edited: 8:03 am, July 14, 2013
3. Re: Launceston Airport to Devonport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 16, 2014