We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Rent - a -Bomb Car Hire Companies in Launceston?

Which Launceston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hobart, Australia
reviews: 35
Any Rent - a -Bomb Car Hire Companies in Launceston?

Sorry if this has been asked before (I couldn't find it) but is there any car hire companies who rent out older, cheaper cars? I have a house-sit in the Tamar Valley over Easter (lucky me) but won't have access to a car. Now, I don't want to miss out on exploring this beautiful region for the 9 days I'm there, but 9 days car hire with the mainstream car rental companies works out to quite a hefty sum. Given that I'm not going to be using it every day, it seems a waste to have a $40 a day car sitting around doing nothing.

Any suggestions would be grateful.

Cheers,

Judi.

Tasmania
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
reviews: 72
1. Re: Any Rent - a -Bomb Car Hire Companies in Launceston?

Best way to search is to google "cheap car rental Launceston".

Hobart, Australia
2. Re: Any Rent - a -Bomb Car Hire Companies in Launceston?

Wow that was a quick reply Luigi! I've already Googled as you suggested, but when I price them, they're all pretty much the same price as they are all late model cars.

I had hoped Launceston might have similar 'bombey' rentals like here on the Gold Coast - haven't heard of any? I don't need the latest model with all the mod cons, just something to get me from one winery to the next :-)

Tasmania
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
reviews: 72
3. Re: Any Rent - a -Bomb Car Hire Companies in Launceston?

How about rentabug?

Or try Valleybrook Tours for a winery trip without tempting fate and the breathalyser. www.valleybrook.com.au

Edited: 1:17 am, January 23, 2012
Hobart, Australia
4. Re: Any Rent - a -Bomb Car Hire Companies in Launceston?

Thanks for your tips. I'll check them out.

Cheers.

Launceston...
reviews: 12
5. Re: Any Rent - a -Bomb Car Hire Companies in Launceston?

Hi try

" A total car rentals- they are on the corner of wellington and canning street- the proprietors name is Wayne groves

Launceston...
reviews: 8
6. Re: Any Rent - a -Bomb Car Hire Companies in Launceston?

Here is a link to the chaepest i know in launceston

http://atotalcarrentals.vpweb.com.au/

hope this helps

cheers

7. Re: Any Rent - a -Bomb Car Hire Companies in Launceston?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, May 04, 2013