We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4wd camper hire in launceston

Which Launceston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
reviews: 54
4wd camper hire in launceston

Hi, would like some advice on hiring a 4wd camper van

in Launceston, I am having trouble actually finding a campervan which we are allowed to take off road.

All of them seem to only have sealed roads only, which cuts down a lot of site's which I wish to see.

Any advice would be great

Thanks again froggyperth

Tasmania
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
reviews: 72
1. Re: 4wd camper hire in launceston

Froggyperth, the problem with renting anything to drive off a bitumen road is the insurance. I've checked with a few van hire firms and none seem to permit off-road travel. Car rental firms have the same prohibition.

It doesn't really have much effect on travel around Tassie as there are only a couple of places only accessible by dirt road. Which brings me to my question: what is it you intend to do in Tassie that would require a camper van to be driven off-road.

To get a feel for what's available in the way of 4WD trails see this link discovertasmania.com/activities__and__attrac…

Sydney
2. Re: 4wd camper hire in launceston

Check out www.britz.com.au and see of they can locate a 4WD Xtreme 4WD to Launceston. Plus for great places to stay use www.big4.com.au as you get a 10% discount when you rock up in a Britz vehicle.

3. Re: 4wd camper hire in launceston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:34 am, October 31, 2009