We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theme Parks... which combo?

Which Gold Coast hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 4
Theme Parks... which combo?

Hi guys,

A couple girlfriends and myself will be flying up to GC on 10 December and leaving on the 16th. We want to enjoy some thrills at the theme parks but can't decide which combo is better; 1. Dreamworld and White water or 2. Movieworld, Seaworld and Wet n Wild.... which one do you suggest and why?

Gold Coast...
reviews: 30
1. Re: Theme Parks... which combo?

In all honesty there are very similar, and yes it can be hard to decide. Everyone has their favourites and all will argue the good verse's the bad on all three.

DreamWorld and SeaWorld both have rides , animals , shows and a water park attached (with a small extra fee for entrance)

Movie world has rides and shows

Wet and Wild is just a water park, although a great one :)

Out of your two options you mention - option 2 gives you the wider experience.

Personally I prefer Seaworld and Wet and Wild , then Dreamworld and last Movie World. But as I mentioned, many may disagree with me :) I find more to do at the first two.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 25
2. Re: Theme Parks... which combo?

G’day Gabriella,

My suggestion to anyone is based on them using public transport, being in close proximity to the Gold Coast, if rides are closed due to maintenance, and when the weather (at that time of year) turns sour… Under these circumstances; the Movie World Combo package would suit to keep everyone entertained and amused, especially at Sea World where you can view Marine life in the great Oceanarium, Polar Bears, Penguins and Shows all undercover.

Plus if the weather does turn bad you’re a lot closer to catch a Bus and hop off at either Helensvale or Harbour Town for some retail shopping, just a few minutes away… On the other hand; the Dreamworld Combo would suit a Tiger enthusiast, such as me.

Re: map scale - please note that Movie World and Wet ‘n’ Wild are next door to each other

surfside.com.au/documents/091201-gold-coasth…

Cheers ANGIE4124

P.S. Lockers are available at Wet 'n' Wild - at approx. $9.00

Edited: 5:28 pm, November 21, 2012
3. Re: Theme Parks... which combo?

If thrill rides are what you are into, then, it's hard to pass Dreamworld, where they have the most major thrill rides than all the others.

However, I think the VIP Pass (covering Movieworld, Seaworld and Wet 'n' Wild) is of better value than the Dreamworld/White Water World combo. Each theme park is also so different under the VIP Pass, so, it's a good and reasonably priced offer.

It'll really come down to what your interests are.

Last time, what I did was purchase the VIP Pass and used credit card points to redeem two "free" tickets for Dreamworld. In terms of dollar figures, it was totally not worth it, as one ticket "cost" 13,000 points (essentially, $13,000!), but since I don't use the credit card points for anything (and we wanted to go to Dreamworld), I thought I might as well use them. Unfortunately, my bank seems to no longer offer any of the theme park tickets anymore.

Sydney, Australia
4. Re: Theme Parks... which combo?

Thank you for your post, it has definitely enlightened me :-)

Sydney, Australia
5. Re: Theme Parks... which combo?

Thank you ANGIE4124 we are looking forward to visiting GC and checking out the shopping as well :-) is harbour town a factory outlet?

Sydney, Australia
6. Re: Theme Parks... which combo?

Thank you for your post arisanosila. Would you say Sea world and Movie world are little less thrills and more show watching? Also what are the key differences between Wet n wild and White water world?

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 46
7. Re: Theme Parks... which combo?

Gabriella, The other theme parks pale in comparison to Dreamworld. The only exception here is Whitewater World compared with Wet'n'Wild. If water is the main attraction for you then perhaps the combo of Wet'n'Wild and Seaworld.

Oscar

Byron Bay, Australia
reviews: 10
8. Re: Theme Parks... which combo?

Seaworld is definately more show watching. The last few times we have been to Seaworld the rollercoasters etc were under maintenance and not working. The shows are pretty good especially the dolphin show.

Movieworld has a great rollercoaster if you like rollercoasters, the Superman ride, is the best. They have the green lantern, Lethal Weapon, a flume ride etc.

Dreamworld has the biggest selection of rides, an animal park and the water park. Wet n Wild is a theme park on it's own, more things to do then White water world. Where white water world is an add on to Dreamworld (wasn't there originally when Dreamworld opened).

The best thing to do is to look at their individual websites and check out their rides and see what suits you best.

Sydney, Australia
9. Re: Theme Parks... which combo?

Cool, thank you fitz11. Will def check out the rides on the websites now :-)

10. Re: Theme Parks... which combo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, December 16, 2013