We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap flights to Queensland

Which Coolangatta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Victoria
reviews: 13
Cheap flights to Queensland

Hi, I was about to book flights to the Gold Coast from Melbourne for $59 one way for Feb, but to my surprise the price has changed to $79! This is with Jetstar, did I miss the sale dates?? Do you think if I wait they will have another "sale" on? We don't need to fly until 23rd of Feb.

What are your experiences with domestic budget airlines in terms of prices that are on "sale"?

13 replies to this topic
australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
reviews: 5
1. Re: Cheap flights to Queensland

There was a sale and an older promotion late last week....you will be lucky to get feb that cheap so close......save a few dollars by booking and paying by direct deposit instead of credit card. ..must be booked more than two weeks ahead to pay by direct deposit

australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
reviews: 5
2. Re: Cheap flights to Queensland

..you could gamble and see if a special comes up in friday frenzy (4-8pm) this week....79 is good, it could go higher

Edited: 9:00 am, January 14, 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
3. Re: Cheap flights to Queensland

Thanks Dev, I'm pinching myself for not booking it earlier! There's 5 of us so that's $100 would have gone towards accommodation :(

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 30
4. Re: Cheap flights to Queensland

I wouldn't wait.

Fare buckets on domestic sectors is tiny and theres little guarantee of how quickly the available seats will fill. The hardest part is even guessing how much of it will be on sale - even if there was a sale.

You could cut your losses and buy it, or wait and potentially end up losing out $200 or more. My brother did that last year. Wanting to go to the Gold Coast, he missed a sale, and decided to wait and wait and wait and he ended up paying $259 each way.

Edited: 10:21 am, January 14, 2014
Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 41
5. Re: Cheap flights to Queensland

$79 from Melbourne to OOL? Grab it!

That's the price you'd expect to pay from Sydney.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
reviews: 25
6. Re: Cheap flights to Queensland

That's cheap. I don't think you will see it go lower again.

Melbourne, Victoria
7. Re: Cheap flights to Queensland

An update.... we've decided to go with Virgin because of the flight times, Jetstar was at 6:10am for $89.

Looks like we will be paying much more than expected $119 one way, time is much later 10:15am, which suits us better.

Just a question has anyone booked flights through a website called eDreams? The flights are a little cheaper $97) from them but I'm unfamiliar with the company.

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 41
8. Re: Cheap flights to Queensland

Have you already booked with them? If not, get yourself a coffee, find a comfy chair, go to the Air a Travel forum and type eDreams into the search box.

If you have already booked with them, good luck.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 30
9. Re: Cheap flights to Queensland

Yes, Eva describes it very well. I think the term "bargepole" comes up frequently in those threads about eDreams.

Melbourne, Victoria
10. Re: Cheap flights to Queensland

Doesn't sound promising....no haven't booked yet just been browsing for flights, but will do just what you suggested Eva once the kids are in bed, thanks for the heads up :)

Reply to: Cheap flights to Queensland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted