We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any reviews on staying at Carriages in the Hunter Valley?

Which Pokolbin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Any reviews on staying at Carriages in the Hunter Valley?

Hello,

My finance and I want to go to the Hunter Valley for a nice short break (Friday-Saturday) was wanting to know if this B&B is worth the price as well as any suggestions on a nice dinner in the area.

Thank you

Sydney
reviews: 1
1. Re: Any reviews on staying at Carriages in the Hunter Valley?

Hi there.

I have eaten there before & enjoyed the food however have not stayed in their cabins. I have heard that they are quaint.

Be warned however that you are almost 10klm from the nearest town (being Dungog) which has a few nice cafes, a really cute little picture theatre, a couple of pubs & that's about it....

There are some beautiful drives (up into the Barringtons, across the mountain to Paterson, Vacy & Gresford - with a small wine & olive trail) to go on & plenty of bush walking oportunities.

If you are looking for a lazy holiday without too much to distract you from the scenery & each other then this area would be pretty nice I think.

P.S. If you are wondering how I know, I lived in the area my whole life (Vacy Primary School & then Dungog High School) & my family & my husband's family are all still there!!!!!

Australia
reviews: 9
2. Re: Any reviews on staying at Carriages in the Hunter Valley?

Friends of our stayed there last year and we visited them before we undertook our own tour of Lovedale wineries. The carriages are actually quite spacious, but did seem to smell a little bit (well they were working carriages at some point).

They had air conditioning in the form of a portable A/C unit and had internal plumbing etc. Really quite nice all things considered. It's not the Hyatt or Crowne Plaza so go with expectations set accordingly.

Great location, but you really need your own vehicle to get around. I strongly recommend 'Leaves and Fishes' in Lovedale for lunch or dinner. Otherwise there is Harrigan's on Broke rd and a few options at various local wineries.

If you are on a restrictive budget, head into Cessnock where there are a number of pub/bistro options.

Melbourne
reviews: 3
3. Re: Any reviews on staying at Carriages in the Hunter Valley?

I went to Hunter Valley last year. We stayed at Belleray. Here is their site: http://www.belleray.com.au.

Good location and the accommodation is very good and clean. I would recommend for you to have a look and I guess you can ring them if you are interested. The stuff were very helpful. Cheers!

4. Re: Any reviews on staying at Carriages in the Hunter Valley?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 05, 2010