We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling newcastle to brisbane - I am a kiwi please help

Which Newcastle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, New...
reviews: 11
travelling newcastle to brisbane - I am a kiwi please help

I wish to come back and drive from Sydney to Newcastle but I hear comments to stay away please tell me why. I am looking to drive up to brisbane from there and want to do this with just one night accommodation can I do this is this a long drive for me. I want to see as much of the real australia as possible but I also want to see the beauitful coastline. I hate bugs so places where are none would be great, I look forward to your comments I am a Kiwi but love Australia and have been there 3 times since June 2011 and your opera is awesome waited 37 years of my life to finally see it and it is simply amazing

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 26
1. Re: travelling newcastle to brisbane - I am a kiwi please help

Hi Fiona

Can't imagine why anyone would advise you not to go Sydney-Newcastle. It's an easy, if a bit boring, drive straight up the F3.

Newcastle is in a great location, with some lovely beaches and the area along the wharves is an attractive spot with plenty of restaurants & accommodation.

I like the Sydney-Brisbane drive and do it 3-4 times a year. You can take the coastal Pacific Highway ( which doesn't hug the coast, bit is close enough to take detours to it in lots of places); the inland New England Highway, or a bit of both.

We're not as free of insects as NZ, but just use some roll on insect repellent if you're eating outside in high summer and you will be fine. 22m of us survive ok! Our mossies are easier to see than your midges. (lol)

Have a look at the info in the RHS of the NSW forum and you will see lots of good info about the Sydney-Brisbane drive.

Two of my favourite little town to stay on the coast road are Nambucca Heads and Woolgoolga. A little closer to Brisbane, Lennox Head on the coast, or Bangalow inland 30 mins.

South Pole
reviews: 39
2. Re: travelling newcastle to brisbane - I am a kiwi please help

"I am a kiwi please help"

nothing much we can do about that. medical science hasn't progressed that far. :-)

here is the travelers report about the sydney to brisbane trip.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g255055-c3001/Austral…

my favourite places on the way up the coast are seal rocks, south west rocks/scotts head, woolgoolga, yamba and broken head.

also dont forget to head inland if u have the time. the trip up to dorrigo is worth the time as is exploring the clarence river valley.

3. Re: travelling newcastle to brisbane - I am a kiwi please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, January 10, 2014