We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cave rafting in Westport versus Waitomo Caves

Which Westport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southern, Ontario
reviews: 30
Cave rafting in Westport versus Waitomo Caves

Tripadvisor had one report, that was less than favourable, about cave rafting in Westport. Westport is an area that we plan to visit. Visiting the Waitomo Caves, for cave rafting, would require that we make a detour. Any comments about cave rafting in Westport. Thanks for your advice.

taupo
reviews: 2
1. Re: Cave rafting in Westport versus Waitomo Caves

Can't say I know anything about Westport cave rafting

but Waitomo seems to be the pick for most people.

Every one I have spoken with say's Waitomo is Amazing.

Christchurch, New...
reviews: 16
2. Re: Cave rafting in Westport versus Waitomo Caves

I've done the cave rafting trip run by Underworld Adventures at Charleston just south of Westport. It was a great trip, very relaxed and low key. I have also had a lot of clients go with them without incidient. The report here does sound bad and I can appreciate the experience would have been pretty off putting for these folks but it does sound pretty exceptional.

The Waitomo trips are popular for a reason, a lot more of a rush and much more of a personal challenge involved with them.

If Waitomo is going to be a serious deviation then don't make it and if you are too nervous to go with Underworld Adventures there is another company just down the road in Greymouth -

nzholidayheaven.com/adventure/blackwater-cav…

Auckland, New...
Destination Expert
for Auckland, Auckland Region
reviews: 40
3. Re: Cave rafting in Westport versus Waitomo Caves

I can't comment on Westport but I have done the blackwater rafting at Waitomo and it was excellent - exciting but not terrifying and very well organised

Just visiting the caves ie the walking and boat out trip is also well worth it.

Not quite sure where you would be detouring - presumably on way north or south - but Waitomo is not far from Rotorua and would not be a huge detour.

If you have not already looked then you may wish to visit:

www.waitomo.com

Southern, Ontario
reviews: 30
4. Re: Cave rafting in Westport versus Waitomo Caves

Thank you for your replies to my cave rafting query. The Greymouth cave rafting sounds interesting.

5. Re: Cave rafting in Westport versus Waitomo Caves

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Westport