We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coach-Cruise-Fly from Te Anau to Milford Sound

Which Te Anau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 6
Coach-Cruise-Fly from Te Anau to Milford Sound

Hi, I'll be in Te Anau for 3 nights in December and was considering doing a coach-cruise-fly to Milford sound so i hopefully get the best of all the worlds (beautiful scenery going in, and a helicopter view going out).

I dont' seem to be able to find such options departing to/from Te Anau though. Most of the coach/cruise/fly options seem to originate and end in Queenstown.

Is anyone aware of an operator which does such tours?

Alternatively, shld i do a fly-cruise-fly to Milford from QT and save Te Anau for Doubtful sound?

thanks!

Jervis Bay...
reviews: 53
11. Re: Coach-Cruise-Fly from Te Anau to Milford Sound

I think the reason most people do the flight from Milford Sound is to see the view but also save the 5 hour bus trip back to Queenstown. If you are staying in TeAnau why not do a bus/cruise to Doubtful Sound. (Could even be overnight) Then the next day do a bus/cruise from Te Anau to Milford and fly back to Queenstown.

This is assuming you catch the bus from Queenstown in the first place. Much nicer to do the bus trip to Milford rather than drive because the driver gets to see the scenery too and it is really nice to get the commentary on the scenery you are passing through.

Edited: 4:18 am, November 17, 2013
Jervis Bay...
reviews: 53
12. Re: Coach-Cruise-Fly from Te Anau to Milford Sound

DO not prebook as you will want to pick the best weather for the time you have available.

13. Re: Coach-Cruise-Fly from Te Anau to Milford Sound

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 19, 2014